Clarity

View Only

External Reporting - MicroStrategy

• 1.  External Reporting - MicroStrategy

Posted Jan 17, 2020 10:27 AM
    Edited by ROBBIE MUIR Jan 22, 2020 06:16 AM
    We are linking clarity with MicroStrategy and trying to establish what is the best way for MicroStrategy to access Clarity data.  Should we use the already established data warehouse or use the 'core tables'

I can see the benefits of using the DWH tables as it looks easier to link tables together and also the snapshotting capability through trends rather than accessing the core tables.

Would be interested to hear what other people have used to link to reporting solutions like MicroStrategy and Tableau.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To follow on from my original post, I have been using the Data Warehouse tables and have noticed a couple of things.  The financial table, DWH_FIN_PLAN_PERIOD_FACTS, does not show actuals data for lines in a financial plan where they have not been added manually.  This I can overcome by taking data from DWH_FIN_TRANSACTION_FACTS.

The other problem I have, which I have not been able to overcome, is how planned costs behave in the DWH_FIN_PLAN_PERIOD_FACTS table. The planned cost looks to be changed to zero whenever there is an actual for the same line.  I find this odd considering there are fields for planned, actuals and forecast.

Currently not sure how I will handle the planned cost problem and wondered if anyone else had faced the same?