Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Static Maintenance Page

Posted May 29, 2020 09:37 AM
    Edited by David Marchal May 29, 2020 09:42 AM
    Hello all,

I have reviewed several posts on this matter, but did not find what I need.

I need to force the display of a static maintenance page to users in order to prevent actions during installation process.
    Context : Clarity 15.7 version, old UI, Oracle 12.1, RHEL 7.x system

I tried the following actions :

• Add a maintenance.html file in the webroot
    • Modify the index.html and change the replace by @context@/maintenance.html
    • Add a index.jsp file with content <% response.sendRedirect("/niku/maintenance.html"); %>
    • Tomcat version 8 Rewrite Valve feature https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/rewrite.html

Ultimately, I could make the URI /, /niku/index.html or /niku/index.jsp work.
    But if I enter /niku, /niku/nu or any URI like /niku/nu#action:xxxxx, the redirection does not work.

Is there any way to implement this feature on Clarity (old and new UI) ?

Thanks.

Regards,
    David

PS : As for now, my other option is to just stop the web services and to let the front load-balancer display an error page. The approach is more simple.

------------------------------
    Consultant
    CoPrime

• 2.  RE: Static Maintenance Page
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 01, 2020 08:43 PM
    Hi David,

What I have done in the past is put up a website with the maintenance HTML (a simple IIS site is sufficient) and then redirect the load-balance to the maintenance HTML site. The most elegant one I did was to have a file that the Load Balancer checked to see if it should go to the maintenance site or the real site, basically a flag.

You can still access the application site for verification if you use the IP address or server name.

Take care,

Janet Ulrich
    Services Architect - Clarity PPM
    Enterprise Studio by HCL Technologies