Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Problem sending mail notifications with authenticated mail account from PPM

Posted May 13, 2020 09:23 AM

Hello,
    I've got a problem with setting PPM to send e-mail notifications using authenticated mail account. My mail server setting in properties.xml is following (anonymised):

<mailServer host="smtp.customer.eu" username="PPM@customer.eu" password="asdfghjkl" fromAddress="ppm@customer.eu" sendProtocol="smtp" fetchProtocol="imap" defaultSenderAddress="ppm@customer.eu" alwaysUseDefaultSenderAddress="true" useAuthentication="true"/>

When I invoke PPM action which is supposed to send notification, no mail gets through and the SMTP server log states:

"530 5.7.57 SMTP; Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM"

It seems like the PPM is ignoring the useAuthentication="true" setting and trying to send anonymous mail without authenticating with the provided mail account. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Petr Zak

• 2.  RE: Problem sending mail notifications with authenticated mail account from PPM

Posted May 14, 2020 10:01 AM
    Have you tried to restart BG and APP service after changing this NSA setting?

• 3.  RE: Problem sending mail notifications with authenticated mail account from PPM

Posted May 14, 2020 10:39 AM
    Hello,
    yes, multiple times actually. Nothing changed :-(

Petr