Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  [New UX] Blueprint rules to Actions Menu

Posted Oct 08, 2021 10:40 AM
    Edited by Thiago Pimenta Oct 08, 2021 11:18 AM
    Hi all,

I would like to open a discussion about the Actions menu in the new UX, I don't know if this is the right place for that. I didn't find Clarity or PPM as an option on the ideation page.

I would suggest Broadcom to extend the blueprint rules to the new Actions menu, this would be perfect for many customers.

Does anyone know if this could get into the Roadmap of a next release?

This will be a great evolution, both from a technical and business point of view, as the user will not be able to perform actions that are not allowed in certain situations configured in the rules.

Grateful if anyone at Broadcom can forward this request.

• 2.  RE: [New UX] Blueprint rules to Actions Menu

Posted Oct 21, 2021 11:20 AM
    This is available now on the project I think but not on the Idea. Also, business rule "REQUIRED Attribute" is not available on the idea. I am crossing my fingers hoping these two will be available on the idea in the 16.0 release? Can we can get a confirmation? Yes?

• 3.  RE: [New UX] Blueprint rules to Actions Menu

Posted Oct 22, 2021 08:32 AM
    Edited by Thiago Pimenta Oct 22, 2021 08:33 AM
    Hi @Vivian Fulk,

The suggestion is to include the blueprint rules for the actions menu, so that we can create display conditions for the menu actions and then be able to better control the moment when the user will see certain actions that execute processes.

The current blueprint rules (15.9.3) only control channels and sections.

• 4.  RE: [New UX] Blueprint rules to Actions Menu

Posted Nov 15, 2021 07:11 PM
    Edited by Janet Ulrich Nov 15, 2021 07:11 PM
    This feature has been introduced in 16.0.0 (released 11/8/2021): Hide Actions By Using Business Rules
    (https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/clarity-project-and-portfolio-management-ppm-on-premise/16-0-0/release-information/clarity-ppm-release-notes.html#concept.dita_8ebed6ba1fc5de89d746baa8a9be14ef035caa38_Generic)

------------------------------
    Take care,

Janet Ulrich
    Services Architect
    HCL America
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: [New UX] Blueprint rules to Actions Menu

Posted Nov 24, 2021 10:12 AM
    Hi @Janet Ulrich

Grateful for the new functionality, I'm sure customers and consultants will be pleased. I'm already using version 16. ​