Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  REST API for Clarity 15.7

Posted Jan 22, 2020 09:06 AM
    Hi experts,

Is it really possible to use REST API in Clarity 15.7 ?

I'm trying to use it on development environment in order to process REST with gelscript.

I have already enabled the REST API from System Options and sucessfully used the Describe feature ".../niku/rest/describe/index.html"

But, whenever i try to access the API URL (..../ppm/rest/v1) I receive a 401 error (unauthorized).

Is it due to CORS ?

Or do I need any additional authorization from Broadcom ?

Thanks for any help.

Vitor.

• 2.  RE: REST API for Clarity 15.7
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 09:26 AM
    Nope this is nothing to do with CORS here, in the API Documentation URL you need to login too, lets say you want to get the projects and in the response class you see  red exclamation mark and if you click and it will request you to provide the credentials and then only you will be able to login and get the projects if you have the access to see that project. Hope this helps 

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Sr. Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: REST API for Clarity 15.7

Posted Jan 22, 2020 09:42 PM
    Ok Suman. Got it. Tks.

• 4.  RE: REST API for Clarity 15.7

Posted Jan 22, 2020 12:09 PM
    Not In the way we're accustomed to using the SOAP interface.
    The REST API is geared towards creating new bolt-on apps (which inherently have a live person on the other side providing credentials), not unattended interfaces.

To get around this limitation, recent Clarity versions allows you to create and save API keys that expire after a certain time (don't know the max, but 'never' is not an option).

I haven't tried it, but here is some information on Key based access.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/clarity-project-and-portfolio-management-ppm-on-premise/15-7-1/reference/rest-api-documentation-for-authorized-developers/rest-api-define-clients-and-generate-keys-for-integrations-with-clarity-ppm.html

• 5.  RE: REST API for Clarity 15.7

Posted Jan 22, 2020 09:44 PM
    Nice to know Aditya. Thanks.