Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Edit rights to a group through process

Posted Nov 08, 2019 10:38 AM
    Hi All,

Currently I am working on a requirement which to add edit rights for an  action to a specific group in Demand Management Module.
    We have a process which does that for a specific user i. e. the creator of the Demand.The question here is, do we have any specific tags to add a specific group along with the demand creator in the current workflow.

We are using <UserSecurity rightCode="odf_cst_nov_action_register_edit" userName="${created_by}"/> for granting edit rights for the specific user. I would like to know how to add a group of users into the same process.

Thank you!
    Vinay

• 2.  RE: Edit rights to a group through process
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 15, 2019 08:24 AM
    ​You can go the route of modifying the group by adding instance rights through the group XOG.  Adding the right info to the <InstanceRights> tag of the group would give the group rights to the instance (this example gives instance Idea Edit rights to a single idea, but could be used with any security enabled object, I would think)

<Right id="IdeaEdit">
                    <InstanceObject id="ID00000001" name="IdeaTest" type="INV_IDEA"/>
                  </Right>
                </InstanceRights>

(insert obligatory cautionary tale around instance rights and performance here)