Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Workaround for FIN-1005 : Fiscal periods of the requested period type for the plan duration do not exist.

Posted Apr 21, 2020 04:41 AM
    Hello,
    did somebody find workaround for this error message in New UI? Clarity 15.8

FIN-1005 : Fiscal periods of the requested period type for the plan duration do not exist.

Costplan can be created in classic UI and it works there but in NewUI we are not able to see this costplan only error message appears.

From support I received just this:
    "defect DE38620 is classified as will not fix due to the amount of rework at the framework level. The issue occurs when API is unable to differentiate the cost plan id, and not the invalid ID this message is displayed. "

Currently for us are not accesible "Financial Plans" in NewUI. 
    The only way, which I found, is to use new module "Financials", but customer is not so happy from that.

Vit

------------------------------
    Consultant
    Catta Consulting
    Czech Republic

• 2.  RE: Workaround for FIN-1005 : Fiscal periods of the requested period type for the plan duration do not exist.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2020 05:23 AM
    Hi Vit,

I dont think that a correct understanding, i created a cost plan and in classic and can see in new ux. we need more details on this.

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Sr. Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Workaround for FIN-1005 : Fiscal periods of the requested period type for the plan duration do not exist.

Posted Apr 24, 2020 09:28 AM
    Hello Suman,
    In one of our environments it doesnt work. In the moment I want to go to Financial Plans on project in new UI I receive this error message. I can create costplan in classic but this  costplan is not accesible in new UI - Financial Plans.  But if I am using new panel Financials there it works.
    Vit

Consultant
    Catta Consulting
    Czech Republic

• 4.  RE: Workaround for FIN-1005 : Fiscal periods of the requested period type for the plan duration do not exist.
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 23, 2020 10:34 AM
    Hello Suman, this was the reaction for my ticket on support portal. This seems to me (and for sure for customer too) strange that defects are not corrected. Although customer pays support fees.

We have checked with Broadcom Development and this defect DE38620 is classified as will not fix due to the amount of rework at the framework level. Development assessment of this scenario is the notification is the only solution for this type of problem. This will not be addressed in the product due to low risk and not impacting critical functionality. Thank You for contacting Broadcom Customer Support.

Consultant
    Catta Consulting
    Czech Republic