Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Custom attribute or repurpose

Posted Aug 11, 2020 12:51 PM
    Our projects would be classified as either RUN, GROW, or TRANSFORM. If we wanted to reflect that in Clarity (so we could include it in reporting etc), could we repurpose/re-label an existing attribute under the Project Object or is it better to create a custom attribute instead?

Grateful for any contributions/suggestions!

Thanks

Lisa

• 2.  RE: Custom attribute or repurpose

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2020 01:41 AM
    I would personally suggest to create a new custom attribute. One of the reasons to consider is that with this, you ensure that older values are not kept for that re-labeled attribute, but I can think of other reasons, such as the ID(s) cannot be changed and might cause confusions, that other attribute might be needed in the future...

I hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: Custom attribute or repurpose
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 14, 2020 10:52 AM
    I would use one of the four Portfolio Category (1-4) lookups on the Investment object for this purpose. So, this will allow you to pull the attribute in the project as well as any other Investment object (such as the Idea) where you may need it. The attribute is also available in the Project Portfolio Summary report (OOTB Jaspersoft Report). You can change the attribute label and create the lookup values for Run, Grow, and Transform. Hope this helps.