Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Issue with ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES_PK migrating from 15.1 to 15.8

Posted May 01, 2020 04:29 PM
    Hi Community,

I'm trying to upgrade a server but I'm doing it in two phases. The first phase is upgrade the server to the last version from Claroty that uses the same JDK, otherwise, from 15.1 to 15.5. The second phase is the upgrade from 15.5 to 15.8 with the JDK 11.

Right now I can migrate the server from 15.1 to 15.3 without any problem, the issue is moving from 15.3 to 15.4; when the upgrade process starts it stops with the following error:

" SQL Text:

ALTER TABLE ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES ADD IS_DW_TREND_ENABLED NUMBER DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL

ALTER TABLE ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES ADD CONSTRAINT ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES_PK PRIMARY KEY ( OBJECT_NAME, INTERNAL_NAME ) USING INDEX TABLESPACE INDX_SMALL

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES_U1 ON ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES ( OBJECT_NAME, COLUMN_NAME ) TABLESPACE INDX_SMALL

/opt/ppm15.3/.setup/scripts/db.xml:2348: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /opt/ppm15.3/.setup/scripts/db.xml:2485: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /opt/ppm15.3/.setup/scripts/db.xml:624: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /opt/ppm15.3/.setup/scripts/db.macros.xml:56: Java returned: 1 "

So, taking a deep look into the db I found that scrip can't create the constraint ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES_PK into the table ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES this is because there are dupplicated data into the columns "OBJECT_NAME" and "COLUMN_NAME".

Does somebody has any idea/suggestion to try to fix this? By the way the table ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES has more than 1600 records.

I'll wait your comments,
    Regards,
    Daniel

Attachment(s)

log
    install.log   873 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Issue with ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES_PK migrating from 15.1 to 15.8
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2020 12:21 PM
    Daniel,

Was the ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES_U1  index missing in your source 15.1 database? This index will protect you from adding duplicate data in the table. If it was missing then the data will have to be cleaned up. I would probably suggest you raise a case with us in Support so we can look into what duplicates there are.

------------------------------
    Nika Hadzhikidi
    Sr Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Issue with ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES_PK migrating from 15.1 to 15.8

Posted May 14, 2020 08:52 PM
    Dear Nika,

Thank you very much for your response. I can share with you and the community my experience, so I had two parts/phases of the migration
    - The first part: I analized the error and I can migrate from 15.1 to 15.3 without any problem BUT I figured out that from 15.1 to 15.2 the migration insert into the table ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES some records with duplicated data. Then the migration from 15.2 to 15.3 also insert duplicated data (arround 172) records. When the migration from 15.3 to 15.4 tries to create the PK into that table the migration gots the error because the duplicated data, so the PK can't be created. What I thought… find the duplicated records form the table and delete them before the migration to 15.4. With this "manual procedure" I could migrate finaly to 15.4 and then to 15.5 and then 15.8. BUT (again) I also realiced some objects that are created as index with a "name" of pk and those objects also gets the error and the migration "crash" so I deleted them to get the migration. The objects deleted was ODF_OBJECTS_PK, PRTODO_PK, CMS_CONTENT_PACKAGES_PK; all of them are indexes inside the oracle scheme but the name are like them are a constrains (they didn't a constraint inside clarity 15.1).

- The second part, was with your response; as you wrote this object helps/prevent to get duplicated records inside this table. I imported the ootb "niku" schema and exported the index and created inside my schema and starts the migration. With that object I could migrate "directly" from 15.1 to 15.5 also deleting the indexes described before (ODF_OBJECTS_PK, PRTODO_PK, CMS_CONTENT_PACKAGES_PK). Then I could migrate from 15.5 to 15.8 without any problem.

But everything isn't good news; after any migration in both scenarios the new interface stops working, I can login into the new interface but non objects appears, like roadmaps, projects, blueprints, administration; the only thing/object that Clarity shows are timesheets. In logs I got this error

WARN  2020-05-08 21:23:11,114 [http-nio-80-exec-15] ppm.rest (clarity:LCmejia:20922065__0EFB1360-4BA1-4AC6-9596-EED0433B402D:PPM_REST_API) User LCmejia tried to GET resource [resource name: blueprints, resource id: null] but does not have permission.
    WARN  2020-05-08 21:23:11,118 [http-nio-80-exec-14] ppm.rest (clarity:LCmejia:20922065__0EFB1360-4BA1-4AC6-9596-EED0433B402D:PPM_REST_API) User LCmejia tried to GET resource [resource name: teamdefinitions, resource id: null] but does not have permission.

This behavior is presented after any new version 15.3; 15.4;15.5;15.8 I don't know what happens….
    Regards,
    Daniel

• 4.  RE: Issue with ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES_PK migrating from 15.1 to 15.8

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 15, 2020 05:25 AM
    Hi Daniel

This looks to have a severe data issue and you had to do whole lot of changes and i would request to log a case and if possible provide us the database we would like to debug in details and perform the upgrade and see.

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Sr. Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom