Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links

• 1.  PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links

Posted Jul 09, 2019 03:57 PM
    Hi

In the context of creating a Blueprint in the New UX.

I know there is a capability to link Modules from Classic to the new UX, however I still cant find a way to add Fields (on the Details tab) that exist in classic? 
    Has this been implemented yet, and if no, is there an expected date??

Links Question:
    On the Modules Tab, I added the Links Module but unlike with the channels, I am unable to edit it any further. I have a few links that I would like to appear in every project associated with this blueprint, is it possible to add this in the blueprint design, or do I have to go into each project and add those links manually??

Thank You

• 2.  RE: PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links

Posted Jul 10, 2019 01:40 AM
    Hi,
    To see a custom field in the new UI, it must be assigned an API attribute ID.
    Go to Classic UI> Admin>Object>Attributes> Find the attribute and assign an API attribute ID.

Hope this helps!

• 3.  RE: PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2019 02:09 AM
    Hey, you can refer to the following video for links in the modern UX.

https://youtu.be/fbdSg-v5TlQ

------------------------------
    Clarity PPM Documentation Team
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links

Posted Jul 10, 2019 03:18 AM
    Hello Bartlomiej,

I know there is a capability to link Modules from Classic to the new UX, <g class="gr_ gr_22 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="22" data-gr-id="22">however</g> I still <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="20" data-gr-id="20">cant</g> find a way to add Fields (on the Details tab) that exist in classic?
    Has this been implemented yet, and if no, is there an expected date??

A: You have to set API ID for your custom Project attributes in Studio (Classic) and from that moment attribute is visible to put in <g class="gr_ gr_130 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="130" data-gr-id="130">details</g> in Blueprint.

Links Question:
    On the Modules <g class="gr_ gr_21 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="21" data-gr-id="21">Tab</g>, I added the Links Module but unlike with the channels, I am unable to edit it any further. I have a few links that I would like to appear in every project associated with this blueprint, is it possible to add this in the blueprint design, or do I have to go into each project and add those links manually??

A: You can set Links on Template and when you create <g class="gr_ gr_183 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep gr-progress" id="183" data-gr-id="183">project</g> from template your links tab will be filled.

Vit

• 5.  RE: PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2019 09:09 AM

Hello Bartlomiej,

You can add Links to a Project template in the Classic UI - when you  than connect a Blueprint to that template and you add the "Links" module to that blueprint,  the links that you have defined in the Project Template will automatically be added to the Links module in the New UX. 

If you want to make a stock attribute that you use in the Classic UI available for display in the new UX,   you have to define an API Attribute ID for that attribute in Studio. If you have done that you can see the attribute in the attribute list when composing the "details"  section for a Blueprint. 

Note 1:  currently the URL,  Attachment and TSV attribs are not yet supported for the new UX  

Note 2:  some stock attributes are locked and you cannot specify the API Attrib ID but that will change in the coming releases.

Hope this gets you going. 

Marc 

• 6.  RE: PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links

Posted Jul 18, 2019 10:45 PM
    Hi Marc,
    I have a questions regarding the "Links" solution mentioned by you.
    I am in a similar situation where I want to add the same links to 200 projects in the system. Editing each project to add links would be a very inefficient solution.

I tried what you mentioned above:
    1. Added links to the template.
    2. The template is already associated with the blueprint.
    3. Added links module to this blueprint.

If I create a new project from this template, it works well and the links are copied to new project. Howevever, if I want to add the same links to other 200 projects, is there an efficient way I could do this? instead of adding links manually in each projects?

I tried looking at project XOG, links doesnt seem to be a part of XOG.

Appreciate your help!

• 7.  RE: PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links

Posted Jul 24, 2019 01:31 AM
    Thanks Marc!

• 8.  RE: PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links

Posted Jul 26, 2019 02:45 AM
    Hi Guys

I have to agree with Poonam as we are in the same boat, what about the existing projects, I really do not want to go to each existing project and add links to it.  This is not intuitive and extremely inefficient.  Are we the only ones experiencing this, surely there must be other users.  Marc can you shed any light when this will be addressed or is there a workaround.

Cheers,
    Tony

• 9.  RE: PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2019 02:53 AM

Hi Tony and Poonam, 

Sorry for the delayed response,  I was out on my summerbreak :-) 

Our Rest API will support 'Links" and you will be able to use the rest API to automate the adding of links to existing projects.
    Our APIs are planned to go public in this September the API URL is :  https://CLARITYSERVER/ppm/rest/v1/links
    Details on how to use this can be found in the describe or swagger.

Cheers,
    Marc

• 10.  RE: PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links

Posted Aug 15, 2019 03:00 AM
    Thanks for the response Marc. I did explore the APIs and noticed that I am unable to post anything, got in touch with Support team and realized that APIs are not available for use yet. Glad to know that these will be made available in September.

However, I noticed that the Get API doesn't return the status report structure, I only see the data in the results. I am just wondering how APIs will help creating the structure of status reports. Do you have any insight into this?

Appreciate your help!

• 11.  RE: PPM 15.6.1 Porting Fields to the new UX Blueprint and Links

Posted Aug 15, 2019 07:25 PM
    Hey Marc

Where was my invite lol, what I would do for some sunny weather!  That's great to hear that's going to solve at least one of my dilemmas.  Poonam you never got back to me on date :(

Cheers,
    Tony