Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to have the initial budget

Posted Aug 29, 2019 09:59 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

I would like to know how to display the initial budget. The objectif is to follow budget plan approved in idea.  

We have a budget plan approved in idea. Then an idea is converted to a project.

The approved budget from idea was deleted in financial plans. I would like to see the approved budget (in idea) attribute(s) in project view.

The approved budget (in idea) must be available in attributes Registry in Portfolio Investment Object too.

Please see print screen in attachment,

Thank you for your hep,

------------------------------
    Best regards,
    Marine DESREZ

Attachment(s)

docx
    Initial Budget.docx   364 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: How to have the initial budget

Posted Sep 03, 2019 05:46 AM
    Hi,

Have you an idea in order to fix my problem ?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards,
    Marine DESREZ

• 3.  RE: How to have the initial budget

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 03, 2019 06:30 AM
    Hi Marine, 

Please get in touch with Broadcom Support so that one of the engineers can check, in detail, and let you know if that is possible or something that is working as per design. At this moment what I understand that it is working as per design and you might not be able to configure the same as per your requirement. Still, working with Support will give you more clarity on this. Hope you can understand.

Abhisek Dhar
    Senior Engineer
    Clarity PPM Support

• 4.  RE: How to have the initial budget

Posted Sep 03, 2019 06:56 AM
    Hi,

I already created a ticket to the support but you close this ticket.
    The ticket number is {Case#20032675} ## Display the initial budget has been updated
    Best Regards,
    Marine DESREZ

• 5.  RE: How to have the initial budget

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 04, 2019 08:52 AM
    Marine,

In 15.6.1 and perhaps earlier you can enter the budget on the Financial Summary page and that value will transfer to the project.  However, once you do a detailed cost plan/budget then the value on the financial summary page will be overwritten.  An option would be to create a custom field on the investment object to capture the Idea budget amount and then it will be available on the project as well.

• 6.  RE: How to have the initial budget

Posted Sep 04, 2019 09:14 AM
    Hi,
    the standard functionality for converting an idea to a project allows you to copy also the cost plan. So you have a cost plan which was created on idea-level.
    Wouldn't this be sufficient for your requirement to see in the new project the latest cost plan from the idea?
    That the budget doesn't get copied over is from business point of view correct, as the project is a new instance which will be worked out in more detail which may generate additional costs which for sure have to be approved before it is transferred to a budget-plan.

Hope this helps
    Markus

• 7.  RE: How to have the initial budget

Posted Sep 04, 2019 12:01 PM
    Hi,

Thank you for your answers. 
    But it would be not sufficient for my requirement to see in the new project the last cost plan form the idea. News cost plans are created during the project and we can't see quickly the difference between the initial budget and the current budget.
    Do you know how I can copy the value in a custom field ? We can meet some mistakes If users have to fill the value manually.

Best Regards,
    Marine DESREZ

• 8.  RE: How to have the initial budget

Posted Sep 05, 2019 07:07 AM
    Hi,
    no, I am sorry I don't know a simple way to copy a value from the Idea into a custom field of the created project.
    Maybe you will need a little script within a process but I am not the expert in this. Perhaps a report could cover your requirement but even here I think it won't be simple as 2 instances of different Objects need to be queried.
    Best regards
    Markus

• 9.  RE: How to have the initial budget
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2019 09:38 AM
    Marine,

If you create the attribute on the Investment Object, it is available to use on all types of investments.  When you convert the idea that attribute with the value will be carried over to the project.  I just tested it.

You may then be able to make the attribute read only on the project so it cannot be edited.

Liz