Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Portfolios - how do we see Resources allocated to projects/ideas in a portfolio

Posted Sep 14, 2021 03:02 PM
    We have a portfolio of projects/ideas that meet a certain criteria (ie. business critical).  I can pull in the role demand but I want to pull the resource names that are assigned to the investments in the portfolio.  Is there a way to do that?

Most of our resources are shared across investments and across portfolios and also wear different hats (various roles), so a role demand chart isn't helpful to gauge capacity constraints.

the use case is:

- show me all the resources with allocations in this portfolio.  ideally we'd like to see:

Resource X  - 0.3 Portfolio Allocation Demand - 1.4 Total Allocation Demand

------------------------------
    Sofia K

• 2.  RE: Portfolios - how do we see Resources allocated to projects/ideas in a portfolio

Posted Sep 15, 2021 06:16 AM
    As far as I remember, the Classic "Portfolio" module is only capable of synchronizing role capacity. Even less is possible in the ModernUX Roadmap-Module.
    If you use the portfolio module for what-if-analysis with numerous scenarios and so on, I'd say, Clarity wont help you much finding bottleneck resources, and you need additional software (e.g. itdesign Meisterplan or similar ones).

• 3.  RE: Portfolios - how do we see Resources allocated to projects/ideas in a portfolio

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2021 09:00 AM
    Marcel,

The portfolios are not designed to bring in all the resource data.  It only shows aggregated data by role.  
    I tried to add the Weekly Detail filter into the portfolio but since it is not portfolio based it does not filter out resources only in that portfolio.

What you can do is build filters on the Resource Planning Allocations tab or Resources list detail page or build your own portlet off one of the allocations providers and make your filters mimic the filters in your content editor or single investments listed on your portfolio content editor page.

Liz Williamson
    Sr. Support Engineer - Clarity
    Broadcom