Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  CA PPM Mobile App for Projects

Posted Dec 05, 2018 07:59 AM

CA PPM SaaS version : 15.5

The app only has functionality for timesheets by the look of it, whereas people will want to see project status, risks, issues etc.

Does any one know, if ca ppm is optimized for mobile devices through the devices browser?

Is there any roadmap to include other modules in the mobile app?

Any help/pointer is greatly appreciated

Thanks

-Venkitta

• 2.  Re: CA PPM Mobile App for Projects
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2018 09:40 AM

Hi Venkitta,

You might be interested in this:

[Webcast] CA Clarity PPM NY/NJ Quarterly Webshare - Going Mobile with CA Clarity PPM - January 11, 2019 @11a.m. ET 

and the product documentation:

Getting Started With CA PPM Mobile Apps - CA PPM SaaS - 15.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Product plans are typically not available to disclose; however, as a leader in this segment, CA PPM will want to expand upon the features currently available in our previous mobile OS offerings. What other modules did you have in mind? Our enterprise agility model is about more than simple time-to-market, which can be frustrating to users who "need it now" but we also value quality and a pleasant user interface design experience, and so we balance new features and enhancements with other customer-voice and market demands. In the meantime, while not officially supported, we are aware of some successful implementations of accessing key portions of the Modern UX on mobile devices. For example, some of the features you mention are included on the new project status report which mobile users could view through the supported PDF output or try accessing directly. 

As a customer, your organization is also invited to participate in our New Customer Innovation Process for CA PPM

Hoping this helps for now.

Kind Regards,

Damon Logiudice

CA PPM Documentation Manager

• 3.  Re: CA PPM Mobile App for Projects

Posted Dec 05, 2018 09:40 AM

I don't know anything about the CA-app, but I noticed this appear recently ; Clarity Projects - Apps on Google Play 

(its not a CA app and I don't know anything about it either, but it sounds like it tries to do what you are seeking)

• 4.  Re: CA PPM Mobile App for Projects

Posted Dec 05, 2018 02:53 PM

Agreed, Atul's app seems to allow you to view  what you want. See

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6474655367929360384/ 

Clarity Projects app  is free and has no adds. It has its own UI and not Classic nor New.

On my devices it installs and works on Android 6.1 and up.  It also rotates quickly to the correct position and sets the size correctly on my phone.

On a bigger tablet this versions did not always rotate, but that is under construction

For now it works only with on demand. On premise version is planned.

It  works with the rights the user has in CA PPM.

IOS version is under consideration.

Project search is planned to work properly in the December release. For now just use scrolling

More details are also planned

If you want to manage or plan projects that is not your tool as there is no edit.

• 5.  Re: CA PPM Mobile App for Projects

Posted Dec 05, 2018 03:20 PM

Thank you all for the response.  

• 6.  Re: CA PPM Mobile App for Projects

Posted Dec 23, 2018 10:17 AM

Clarity Projects is available for IOS on Dec 23.

• 7.  RE: Re: CA PPM Mobile App for Projects

Posted Nov 21, 2019 08:53 AM
    I have tried to install Clarity Projects app on IOS and Android, but it seems it is not available anymore. 

Does anybody has any info regarding availability of this app?

• 8.  RE: Re: CA PPM Mobile App for Projects

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2019 09:02 AM
    Edited by Abhisek Dhar Nov 21, 2019 09:05 AM
    Hi Borut, 

Please search with "CA PPM" and you should see an app in the Apple Appstore. I would not say that it is a project management app for mobile device but you can manage the timesheets from that app. That is the main purpose.

However, I am talking here about the mobile app that comes from CA/Broadcom one. The one that has been mention also in the product documentation. 

------------------------------
    Abhisek Dhar
    Senior Engineer
    Clarity PPM Support
    ------------------------------

• 9.  RE: Re: CA PPM Mobile App for Projects

Posted Nov 21, 2019 10:37 AM
    Edited by Deactivated User Dec 13, 2019 03:14 PM
    If you are not, but are referring to Clarity Projects from Rimit Consulting I can see it in Google play.