Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple Tabs being opened when navigating between Classis and the New UI

Posted Feb 21, 2019 03:38 AM

Hi, we have created a link to time entry and the new UI in Classic

The links work fine. A new tab is opened and you can access the new UI

We have also enabled the access right to jump back to Classic

My issue is that each click opens a new tab on the browser.

Is there a way I can configure the link so that I stay on the same tab in the browser?

• 2.  Re: Multiple Tabs being opened when navigating between Classis and the New UI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2019 11:06 AM

The link to the Classic UI is embedded and even if you click multiple times, you end up on the same tab, the one is initially opened.

The Classic to Modern UX is an external link to open on a new tab. Every time you click on the link a new tab is opened.

I just tested a Chrome extension to avoid duplicates and it works:

Clutter Free - Prevent duplicate tabs - Chrome Web Store 

You might want to check what options browsers use to avoid duplicates

• 3.  Re: Multiple Tabs being opened when navigating between Classis and the New UI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2019 11:13 AM

Hi Dave

Just to add to what Joxi said:

All the links between Classic UI and New UX will be 'external links', which mean they will always open in a new tab. Currently as per my knowledge our Product Management is not going to provide the ability to use it as 'internal link'.

Is it perhaps possible to use browser bookmarks to achieve part of the links? I.e. bookmark the http://servername/pm  (New UX) in the browser, this will change the existing tab and should also reuse your connection session.

Hope this helps -Nika