Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Auto-submitting time sheets for the resources who were on long vacation

• 1.  Auto-submitting time sheets for the resources who were on long vacation

Posted Oct 24, 2018 07:40 AM

Hi All,

I am planning to implement a solution to automatically submitting the time sheets who were on long vacation like Maternity Leave. At present managers can submit on-behalf of the resources who were on maternity leave. But, want to implement this as a solution to submit timesheets automatically.

Any thoughts/suggestions on this? And, Is this recommended way of doing this or do we have any other alternative? References or ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Santosh

• 2.  Re: Auto-submitting time sheets for the resources who were on long vacation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 10:42 AM

Hi Santosh,

As long as having those timesheets submitted for users on a long leave, I don't see that as a problem since the timesheet will still follow your normal approval process.

The hardest part will be to determine who to run that process for. You would not be able to use an Autostart process since there is a good chance nothing will change.  You might want to create an attribute with the different types of leave that would trigger this process  (i.e. maternity, vacation, fmla, ...) on the Resource object. Then you could create a gel script process that uses a database query to search for all users with these values set in that attribute.  You could then use a gel script to xog in the timesheet with the values you want and the submitted status.

This is a very rough outline.  But it could certainly be done.  If you don't have the in-house knowledge to do this and this process is important to you, you could engage CA Services or a partner to write this process for you.

I hope this helps.

Jeanne

• 3.  Re: Auto-submitting time sheets for the resources who were on long vacation

Posted Oct 29, 2018 05:44 AM

Thank you Jeanne. I will try and will let you know on this.

Regards,

Santosh