Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I have a PM who is suddenly unable to autoschedule a specific project.  He is able to autoschedule his other projects, and I can autoschedule this specific project as an admin.  We are on 15.1 currently.  What could be the potential cause of this?

• 1.  I have a PM who is suddenly unable to autoschedule a specific project.  He is able to autoschedule his other projects, and I can autoschedule this specific project as an admin.  We are on 15.1 currently.  What could be the potential cause of this?

Posted Mar 18, 2019 11:50 AM

PM goes to autoschedule in the Gantt view, clicks on the Autoschedule with Options (clears all the options) and nothing updates.  As an admin, I go in perform the same steps and I get a tentative schedule.  It was working for him until last week, and it works for him on his other projects.

• 2.  Re: I have a PM who is suddenly unable to autoschedule a specific project.  He is able to autoschedule his other projects, and I can autoschedule this specific project as an admin.  We are on 15.1 currently.  What could be the potential cause of this?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 18, 2019 02:05 PM

Hi Tammy,

Can you see if the user can try locking the project by exporting the project to a scheduler tool (OWB or MSP) then unlock it? This has helped for similar symptoms (see One user unable to Autoschedule a project - CA Knowledge  for more details). In the case of this example, the user with the issue had to be the one to lock and unlock it.

Regards,

Kristin

• 3.  Re: I have a PM who is suddenly unable to autoschedule a specific project.  He is able to autoschedule his other projects, and I can autoschedule this specific project as an admin.  We are on 15.1 currently.  What could be the potential cause of this?

Posted Mar 18, 2019 02:20 PM
      |   view attached

Thank you Kristin,

The issue we have with that is that the connectors and ability to download those connectors was never implemented.  This from what I have been able to understand is because of security policy due to being a policing agency.

Thank you,

Tammy Ewanec

Project Portfolio Analyst

Edmonton Police Service

(780) 391-6573

• 4.  Re: I have a PM who is suddenly unable to autoschedule a specific project.  He is able to autoschedule his other projects, and I can autoschedule this specific project as an admin.  We are on 15.1 currently.  What could be the potential cause of this?

Posted Mar 18, 2019 10:46 PM

Check the attribute 'Track Mode' on each of the projects.  You may find this is set differently for these two projects, which may explain why you can't autoschedule in the PPM Gantt for one of the projects.

• 5.  Re: I have a PM who is suddenly unable to autoschedule a specific project.  He is able to autoschedule his other projects, and I can autoschedule this specific project as an admin.  We are on 15.1 currently.  What could be the potential cause of this?

Posted Mar 19, 2019 10:36 AM

Thank you.  Checked and Track mode is set to “PPM” in both projects.

• 6.  Re: I have a PM who is suddenly unable to autoschedule a specific project.  He is able to autoschedule his other projects, and I can autoschedule this specific project as an admin.  We are on 15.1 currently.  What could be the potential cause of this?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2019 03:30 PM

Hi Tammy,

One other thing that I can think of is if somehow the user's rights changed on the project (here's the link with the access rights needed:  Project - Schedule In Browser Security Access Righ - CA Knowledge)

Also, does anything show up in the logs when the issue is reproduced?

If that doesn't help, it looks like a case may be needed to look into this one more. 

Regards,

Kristin

• 7.  Re: I have a PM who is suddenly unable to autoschedule a specific project.  He is able to autoschedule his other projects, and I can autoschedule this specific project as an admin.  We are on 15.1 currently.  What could be the potential cause of this?

Posted Mar 19, 2019 04:35 PM

When the PM and you click Autoschedule does that create an instance of the Autoschedule project job?

• 8.  Re: I have a PM who is suddenly unable to autoschedule a specific project.  He is able to autoschedule his other projects, and I can autoschedule this specific project as an admin.  We are on 15.1 currently.  What could be the potential cause of this?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 19, 2019 04:46 PM

Thank you Urmas,

When I went to check the log, there was an autoschedule process that was hung up.  I cancelled the process and everything is fine now.  I didn’t notice it when I was looking before.