Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrades

Posted Apr 09, 2019 09:55 AM

My company just upgraded to 15.4 and would like upgrade again in the next couple months to 15.6.  I am looking for some feedback as to the amount of time, cost and effort for an upgrade.  Is there anyone that can provide some approx details on this type of an effort, during our upgrade (13.2 to 15.4) we removed almost all of the customization with exception to our processes and job on the backend.

Also anyone with knowledge on patches and how long those take would be beneficial.

Julie Britten

Sr IT Analyst

#upgrade\

• 2.  Re: Upgrades
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2019 04:53 PM

Hi Julie

I cannot speak about cost and effort, however the time to upgrade a large database from 15.4 to 15.6 should be as per my observations about 8 hours. This is very approximate time of the install run only, does not include any backups, and depends on the resources the server has and scheduling.  After installs you would usually take some time and few users to check your basic functionality and ensure everything is working as desired.

Now as SAAS customer, there is a specific list created that may be helpful for you, I will get this communicated to you.