Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Forecast Rate for a Resource (Clarity 15.4)

Posted Sep 27, 2018 07:12 AM

Hi,

From where can I update 'Forecast Rate' - new attribute available for forecasting a resource.

I am on 15.4 and the documentation states it is available on Resource properties but i cant seem to find it.

Any heads up if this needs to be enabled somewhere?

Regards,

Mamta

• 2.  Re: Forecast Rate for a Resource (Clarity 15.4)

Posted Sep 27, 2018 07:39 AM

Hi Mamta,

The Forecast Rate (with respect to resource) is visible in the New UX, This field could be seen in the resource details, of the Staffing link. You will need to use the Resources to Investment View. If you click upon a resource you will be able to see this field.

This field is not seen in the classic PPM , studio section etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Samik

• 3.  Re: Forecast Rate for a Resource (Clarity 15.4)

Posted Sep 27, 2018 09:15 AM

Hi Samik,

Thanks for the reply. My question is more on the update. Its disabled for me in the above screenshot. I even changed myself as the Resource Manager of the resource, still it is non editable.

The forecast option depends on this field. SO if i add the forecast in the view, we should supply the value for update but i cant see this editable anywhere.

Tried looking for it in classic PPM,.it doesnt exist.

Regards,

MAmta 

• 4.  Re: Forecast Rate for a Resource (Clarity 15.4)

Posted Sep 28, 2018 01:17 AM

Hi Mamata,

Please see the below info that I pasted from the New UX documentation. The note below mentions that you need a specific access right to view/edit the field.

---

Forecast Rate 
    Defines the hourly rate (forecast rate * allocated hours for the displayed time period) to calculate allocation forecast costs based on system currency. When adding an investment, the allocation forecast rate is populated with the resource forecast rate. You can override this rate at the investment level to apply a different rate for the specific allocation.  If an existing allocation does not have a value, the value from the resource general properties is used.

Note: Forecast Rate is visible only to users who have Resource Forecast Rate - Edit or Resource Forecast Rate - View right.

Let us know if you are able to edit the field after assigning yourself the required access right.

Sarmistha Purkayastha

• 5.  RE: Re: Forecast Rate for a Resource (Clarity 15.4)

Posted Nov 10, 2019 08:11 PM
    Hi Sarmistha,

I have added the permission to view/modify Forecast Rate and I can see now the forecast column but it's always equal to 0, even the resource that have been financially activated.
    Does it mean that forecast rate defined at resource financial level is not taken in account ?

------------------------------
    Patrick

• 6.  RE: Re: Forecast Rate for a Resource (Clarity 15.4)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2019 01:50 AM

Hi Patrick,

Did you defines the forecast rate for the specific allocation?

For example, if there is no rate for allocation, forecast shows 0 value.

If define forecast rate=2, it shows 184*2=368.

• 7.  RE: Re: Forecast Rate for a Resource (Clarity 15.4)

Posted Nov 11, 2019 05:28 AM
    Hi Shoichi,

I did that for some resource and it work as you describe.
    But on other resource where a didn't define a forecast rate I was expecting that cost rate from the matrix (based on financial resource settings) will be taken...for such resource prevision is always 0, even if allocation is not equal to 0 
    Perhaps I misunderstood this functionality.

Patrick

• 8.  RE: Re: Forecast Rate for a Resource (Clarity 15.4)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2019 07:46 PM
    Correct. the 'Forecast Rate' is NOT coming from the Rate Matrix Extraction.
    It is meant for general rate planning.

• 9.  RE: Re: Forecast Rate for a Resource (Clarity 15.4)

Posted Nov 12, 2019 03:37 AM
    Thanks Kathryn!

Patrick