Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  CA PPM : Gantt Chart - Delete the parent and child task

Posted Feb 13, 2019 09:57 AM

Hi Everyone, 

I am currently working on 15.5.1. I am trying to delete the Parent and Child task associated to the parent task by checking the parent task alone in Gantt View and it is deleting only parent task not the child task. Note there is no assignment and allocations in sub task and it is still deleting only one parent task and leaving the child task in Gantt View. 

Any Idea ? 

• 2.  Re: CA PPM : Gantt Chart - Delete the parent and child task

Posted Feb 13, 2019 12:02 PM

I think it is working as designed

Only the selected task(s) is/are deleted.

What makes you think unselected tasks would be deleted?

• 3.  Re: CA PPM : Gantt Chart - Delete the parent and child task

Posted Feb 13, 2019 12:46 PM

If the user creates 20 child tasks under one Parent task and realize that it is not required. If that is the case, user has to check everything manually and delete it. It is better if we have an option when parent tasks is selected, child tasks should be getting selected automatically so that user wont have to check and delete it manually.

• 4.  Re: CA PPM : Gantt Chart - Delete the parent and child task

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2019 12:17 PM

This is correct. Each individual task you want deleted would have to be checked to be able to delete it. I published the following KB for this one: Gantt View - Parent task alone is getting deleted - CA Knowledge just in case anyone else has this question. If you do select the child tasks checkboxes and they don't delete, let me know.