Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Access rights

Posted Oct 09, 2018 02:16 PM

Which is a best practice?

1- Adding a resource to an access rights group ? (Administration --> Resources-->Select a Resource --->on the Groups Tab add a resource)

2- Adding a group to the resource? (Administration -->Groups--> Go to a group -->on the Resource Tab add a resource)

1 or 2 and why?

Thanks,

-George

• 2.  Re: Access rights

Posted Oct 09, 2018 04:55 PM

Not sure what you are expecting by "best practice" here - it ends up being exactly the same end result, so which ever you find easiest at the point you want to do it!

If you are adding multiple resources to a group then you would choose one way, if you are adding multiple groups to a resource you would choose the other. (You might even choose XOG as an option if you wanted to add lots and lots of resources to a group - I would).

• 3.  Re: Access rights

Posted Oct 10, 2018 02:26 AM

Agree with Dave

When manually adding a new resource or making changes in any right or group memberships then using resource properties is my choice.

When adding or removing multiple resources to one or more group using groups would be my choice.

If the multiple is 5 - 10 then XOGing will be faster once you got it set up and have practiced to use it.

• 4.  Re: Access rights

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 03:31 AM

Hi George,

I agree with Dave and urmas.

I usually use (Administration -->Groups--> Go to a group -->on the Resource Tab add a resource).

When I add resource1, resource2 and resource3 to group1, I will have to access 3 resources properties page 3 times.

When I add group1 to resource1, resource2, resource3, I will only access group1 properties 1 time.

I will choose a direction with few work loads.

So, when I grant group access right to multiple resources, I will use (Administration -->Groups--> Go to a group -->on the Resource Tab add a resource).

If there are many resources,  I may use XOG.

Regards,

Shoichi