Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Any OOTB portlet/report which gives info on the Team worked on Project.

Posted Aug 15, 2018 01:58 PM

It's a Program in my case, when i see under the Team tab --> Staff there are Actuals, ETC.

which report will brings the data about the Team under this Program ?

• 2.  Re: Any OOTB portlet/report which gives info on the Team worked on Project.

Posted Aug 16, 2018 12:05 AM

Hi - Not sure I understand your question. If you are looking for a portlet that provides you information on resources allocated on a project, there are actually a few. You may want to check the "Weekly Detail" portlet that shows you weekly resource allocation by investments. 

• 3.  Re: Any OOTB portlet/report which gives info on the Team worked on Project.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2018 02:01 AM

Hi,

I may not understand your question. I think that you may need to clarify the differences between Program and Project.

As you know, Program is different from Project.  For example, you cannot staff a program.

check below manual for more details.

Manage Multiple Child Investments in Parent Programs - CA PPM - 15.4.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

But you can add any projects as Subprojects into Program.

After that, you will view staff who is added in Subproject on Program->Team tab->Staff page.

This page is similar with Project->Team tab->Staff page, so you will see Actuals, ETC,... for each staff.

Regards,

Shoichi  

• 4.  Re: Any OOTB portlet/report which gives info on the Team worked on Project.

Posted Aug 16, 2018 09:54 AM

Hi Shoichi,

The point which you said is correct "But you can add any projects as Subprojects into Program. After that, you will view staff who is added in Subproject on Program->Team tab->Staff page"

I have run the Program Status detail Jasper report for that Program, under the Hierarchy tab there are child Projects ,

Report has generated and it has Team section where it displays Roles, but not the Resources. Please advice.

• 5.  Re: Any OOTB portlet/report which gives info on the Team worked on Project.

Posted Aug 16, 2018 10:01 AM

Please check the list of parameters for the report. There should be a Show Team parameter: 

The Show Team parameter allows you to control whether the team section displays in the report and, if it displays, whether the project team information is summarized by role or presented in detail. The parameter has the following options:

• Summarize by Role. The team section of the report aggregates the team allocations from the projects and presents them by role. This is similar to the team tab on the program as it also summarizes team data by role.
    • Display Project Teams. The team section of the report displays the team allocations in detail for each project. The project names are displayed in alphabetical order and all their team allocations are also listed, instead of being aggregated by role.

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Debroop

• 6.  Re: Any OOTB portlet/report which gives info on the Team worked on Project.

Posted Aug 16, 2018 10:47 AM

I have selected "Display Project Teams" option, but still it shows info as per the Roles not showing Resources(Team).

I see that It is also displaying more than level 3 records.

• 7.  Re: Any OOTB portlet/report which gives info on the Team worked on Project.

Posted Aug 16, 2018 10:57 AM

I see what you are saying. The team level information by project displays allocation by roles only. Not by resources. I don't think there is any other report/portlet that displays the the subproject team's resource allocations for a Program. 

A custom report/portlet will be required for what you are looking for. 

• 8.  Re: Any OOTB portlet/report which gives info on the Team worked on Project.

Posted Aug 17, 2018 10:31 AM

Is it Hours shown in the Actuals column or Dollars ?

• 9.  Re: Any OOTB portlet/report which gives info on the Team worked on Project.

Posted Aug 17, 2018 10:56 AM

Hours.