Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Access Rights

Posted Jun 07, 2018 12:57 PM

I have a resource who somehow was granted literally every access right possible. How it happened, we don't know, but we need to get rid of his access to majority of what was added. I went into the Administration menu, chose resources, searched for his name, and then deleted all of the global access rights that were granted through the resource (left the ones that were granted through groups - as he needs those - and left seven necessary access rights for advanced reporting). The items he was left with should NOT be giving him access to the admin menu as well as a lot of options in the home menu.

I asked him to check his access again, and nothing changed. Are there jobs that need to run in order to get rid of all of the access I removed from his list? Is there something else I need to do? He should not have an administration menu and I thought by removing the rights I removed, it would take care of the problem.

Please help!

• 2.  Re: Access Rights

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 01:08 PM

Hi Alison,

Has the user logged out of PPM yet and logged back in? If not, can you please have them try that. If that doesn't help, can you have them try clearing the browser cache?

Thanks,

Kristin

• 3.  Re: Access Rights

Posted Jun 08, 2018 12:59 AM

There are not jobs needed.

When the rights assigned directly to the user are changed as Kristin indicates the user needs to log out and back in to get the changes applied.

When the rights are applied through group membership that is not required, but to be on the safe side do it then as well.

Go to the license information portlets and locate the user in User count by License type

Filter  with * Includes the Administration - Navigate right. in description to see if you get any results.

• 4.  Re: Access Rights

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:12 AM

Just for Advance reporting you would need to run the Create Jaspersoft user job if its 1st time else everything you can get it by logging out and logging back in 

• 5.  Re: Access Rights

Posted Jun 15, 2018 10:39 AM

Have you verified the contents (the access rights contained in the group) of the groups?