Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Right Permission to edit TASK ID

Posted May 11, 2018 12:28 PM

I have a user with instance rights to a project in CA PPM. With this rights, he can edit the project and create Tasks.

The attribute task-ID is only in the task list.So the user can create new tasks and if he want to change the task-ID, he can do it in the list. Auto-numbering is NOT active.

But the user is not able to edit the attribute. If I click into the attribut nothing happen. With an Admin User (all global rights) I can do it.

What right is missing? Global Right?

This are the instance project rights:

Project - Cost Plan - Edit
    Project - Task Management
    Project - Manager (Auto)
    Project - Create/Edit Requisitions
    Project - Modify Baseline
    Project - Create - Status Report
    Project - Edit Project Plan

Thank you 

• 2.  Re: Right Permission to edit TASK ID

Posted May 11, 2018 03:48 PM

With instance rights

This are the instance project rights:

Project - Cost Plan - Edit
    Project - Task Management
    Project - Manager (Auto)
    Project - Create/Edit Requisitions
    Project - Modify Baseline
    Project - Create - Status Report
    Project - Edit Project Plan

and Global Projects Navigate right (without this can't see the projects at all)

I have no problem editing and saving the task ID field in Firefox 60 in CA PPM 15.4

What is you CA PPM version and which browser and version?

Martti K.

• 3.  Re: Right Permission to edit TASK ID

Posted May 13, 2018 11:39 PM

I am very interested to see this in V15.4.  Task ID (aka prexternalid) is a required attribute that needs to be non-null to enable XOG to update the Task.  With versions up to V15.3, prexternalid can be NULL when data is entered via Open Workbench even though we have configured Clarity to auto-generate it, resulting in XOG not being update these tasks.

In V15.3, it is not able to be edited, potentially as we have set as Auto-generated, but haven't verified if this is the case or not.

If it now able to be edited in V15.4, hopefully it may also now be able to be made non-mandatory so that tasks created in OWB will have this value populated.  Do you use OWB on V15.4 and can you see if OWB now populates prexternalid when tasks are created in OWB?

• 4.  Re: Right Permission to edit TASK ID

Posted May 14, 2018 05:13 AM

I add the attribute "ID" into the edit view and than ist works for all Users.

But the open Questio is, why I can edit it with the Admin User before?