Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Lookup Type for Out of the box attributes

Posted Jun 28, 2018 02:51 PM

The lookup type for custom attributes is available in ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES.

Where can I find the lookup type for standard, out of the box attributes in the database? Does anyone have a query handy?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Lookup Type for Out of the box attributes
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 28, 2018 08:20 PM

There aren't any that can be derived from the PPM database itself really.

Many of the out of the box objects and attributes do not follow the same Studio metadata rules and storage as the custom (aka user-defined) objects and attributes do.

Instead some of their metadata is found on disk (in the various %niku_home%\META-INF\%component%\omd\*.xml files where %component% is replaced by things like projmgr, resource, timeadmin, etc.).

Others may even be in unreadable places, such as system data providers (tied into the java code).

• 3.  Re: Lookup Type for Out of the box attributes

Posted Jul 02, 2018 11:13 AM

Thank you Nick. Since I did a db content search and couldn't find the missing info, I was afraid & kinda knew that the answer would be this. 

Seemingly small gaps but really at the foundational level like these, are what makes it frustrating sometimes for Clarity developers. I'd love to be able to write dynamic code reading the lookup types of ootb attributes for data migration validation scripts. Another area for improvement - almost all pages on the admin side that are missing standarized search capabilities. I wish CA showed some love for its most loyal evangelists with a release exclusively focused on the admin & studio functionalities.