Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  User Cannot See Own Active Timesheets

Posted Aug 06, 2018 01:48 PM

There's a user trying to enter time in his timesheets, but he is unable to see any timesheets in the open period.

When he tries to view his timesheets by filtering for all open time periods, he sees posted timesheets from May and the beginning of June, which are closed. When he hits "Show All," he gets error "TMA-0124: Timesheet not found for current timeperiod. Please select available timesheet from list." 

According to the Clarity user, things worked fine for him until May 1. He was submitting timesheets, but his manager saw 0 hours submitted. A new project was added under his timesheet, but it was not showing up for him. Now we have this problem.

Current workaround is for his supervisor to enter his time for him, but he should not have to do that. 

I've tried removing the user from the timekeeping group and resource enter time instance and re-adding him, but that did not work either.

Any advice?

• 2.  Re: User Cannot See Own Active Timesheets

Posted Aug 07, 2018 01:19 AM

Hi Shawn,

Could you check the following for the impacted user, under the resource properties:

Resource open for timeentry in the resource property

Track mode is set to PPM

Date of hire earlier than today or blank / null

Termination date is after the present date or blank / null

If allocated to projects, if so check if the projects are open for timeentry / track mode set to PPM. Although this may not stop the user from viewing the timesheet.

Also you may refer to the following link ->

Current Timesheet link navigates to Previous or Ne - CA Knowledge 

• 3.  Re: User Cannot See Own Active Timesheets

Posted Aug 10, 2018 12:56 PM

Hey Samik, thank you for responding. 

I've verified his track mode is set to PPM, his date of hire is in the past, his termination date is null, and he is assigned to things that he should be able to track time against. What's weird too is that his supervisor can see his open timesheets and enter hours, and so can I, but the user can only see closed timesheets. 

I did find the page you linked to in this post, but I don't think that's the situation here -- the user still has open timesheets in the next few weeks that have not been filled out or submitted, so they are completely open at this point. 

As far as the database queries on the page you listed below, I am still figuring out how to run queries in Clarity, so while I understand what they're looking for, I have no idea where to run them.

• 4.  Re: User Cannot See Own Active Timesheets

Posted Aug 10, 2018 04:26 PM

Typically you rung the queries in a query tool or management tool for the db.

If you do not have db access then ask somebody who does have access.

If everything else fails try set each as the query for a dynamic lookup and use preview to see the results.

• 5.  Re: User Cannot See Own Active Timesheets

Posted Aug 07, 2018 01:21 AM

If the above checks out, review if the user has any duplicate timesheet in the system, the following may help:

CA PPM: Duplicate timesheets are displayed or exis - CA Knowledge 

• 6.  Re: User Cannot See Own Active Timesheets

Posted Aug 07, 2018 10:33 AM

Check the Termination Date, if that has been mentioned for the resource. I am having a feeling that this affected user was hired as a Contractual employee and there is a contract end date for him, which has been mentioned in the Resource Details in PPM. The Termination Date needs to be extended/updated in this case. 

If you see, Samik also mentioned the same among one of the checklist. For your case, I will emphasize on this one.