Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Any way to update the Rate Matrix for a specific project?

Posted Apr 20, 2018 10:35 AM

The final users are not always aware that Rate Matrix Extraction job is so important prior to Baseline creation. And they don't have visibility of it neither.

Besides, the rate matrix is kind of big in this PPM instance, so it takes longer than users would accept during planning activities. 

Do you know any way to update the Rate Matrix for a specific project only?

• 2.  Re: Any way to update the Rate Matrix for a specific project?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2018 11:29 AM

Obviously, you can add Project as a column in a rate matrix but if you just want the rates that apply to a specific project you can create a new matrix with just the appropriate rows and then assign that to the project in the financial settings page.

• 3.  Re: Any way to update the Rate Matrix for a specific project?

Posted Apr 20, 2018 02:34 PM

Than you Steve, but I think i didn't express myself well.

What we need is to update the table NBI_PROJ_RES_RATES_AND_COSTS that is used by the baseline. This table is updated only after running the Rate Matrix Extraction job.

• 4.  Re: Any way to update the Rate Matrix for a specific project?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 22, 2018 02:09 AM

If you are adding a new Matrix altogether or adding rows specific to project as suggested by Steve, then you have to run the RME job in order to make those new/updated rates active. There is no other alternative. You cannot change the Rate Matrix and expect that the new rates will be taken by the project when the user creates a Baseline. This is as per functionality, I believe. 

• 5.  Re: Any way to update the Rate Matrix for a specific project?

Posted Jun 18, 2018 11:32 AM

Yes Abhisek, i confirmed that it works that way.

Right now we are testing Patch 4 for CA PPM 15.3 which add the new parameter named "Team Only", which we hope will reduce the execution time. It's not the project filter we were looking for, but might solve our excesive duration problem.