Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Allocation Cost attribute on Team tab

Posted Oct 10, 2018 03:02 PM

I have added a resource to the system with a rate of $75.  They are allocated to a project at 100%.  When i multiply the Allocation (in hours) by $75.00, I get the Hard Allocation Cost.  - Which is correct.

The problem that I am trying to figure out is where is the $26.64 coming from in the the Allocation Cost attribute.  I have no rate in the rate matrix with that value. 

Clarity version 15.4.1

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Allocation Cost attribute on Team tab

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2018 06:01 AM

In my experience, if the allocation attribute does not mention 'Hard' it usually refers to Planned Allocation - sometimes referred to as Soft Allocation.

Do a comparison between Planned Allocation and Hard Allocation.

• 3.  Re: Allocation Cost attribute on Team tab

Posted Oct 11, 2018 11:45 AM

The resource is hard booked for 100%.  Planned and Hard Allocation are setup as the same for this resource to this record.

• 4.  Re: Allocation Cost attribute on Team tab

Posted Oct 11, 2018 07:34 AM

Hi Michael,

Could you please check the aggregation setup for this page? I think that cost is getting generated after summing up some other attribute and then displayed in a separate column. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 5.  Re: Allocation Cost attribute on Team tab

Posted Oct 11, 2018 11:41 AM

The aggregation is unimportant as it is merely summing up the 3 resources that are on this project.  The issue is where is the $26.64 coming from.IE: what should be in the Allocation Cost for that specific resource.

• 6.  Re: Allocation Cost attribute on Team tab
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 12, 2018 04:23 PM

I have found out this has to do with a defect that is resolved in 15.5.1.

Allocation Cost dividing by 3600

Document ID : KB000107935
    Last Modified Date : 26/07/2018
    Show Technical Document Details