Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  XOG error updating project cost plan

Posted Jul 19, 2017 03:15 AM

Hello,

There is a process that updates the person responsible for the budget line and other group attributes of the cost plan. Well, the process is failing in some cost plans, only in some.
    The error message that XOG returns is as follows:
    Grouping Attributes can not be changed once defined.
    I do not know very well what you are referring to, and because in some projects it works and in others it does not.
    Anyone ever happened something similar? Or, does anyone know why the error is due?
    Forgive my writing of English, but it is not my native language.

Thank you very much!

• 2.  Re: XOG error updating project cost plan

Posted Jul 19, 2017 05:59 AM

Hello Carlos,

Grouping attributes can differ for different Cost Plans. For the Cost Plan that you are referring, are there any pre-defined Grouping attributes present? If yes, are you trying to update the correct Grouping attributes through the XOG?

Suhail.

• 3.  Re: XOG error updating project cost plan

Posted Jul 19, 2017 06:19 AM

Hi Carlos,

The hard coded grouping in the XOG request doesn't match the group of the existing plan. If you're willing to share this process we can probably suggest a fix, other wise please contact me, your technical adviser or a partner.

The gel process needs to read the grouping of the plan then write that back in.

Here is an example of the bare minimum to update a custom cost plan attribute

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_costPlan.xsd">
    <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="costPlan" version="13.3.0.286"/>
    <CostPlans>
    <CostPlan code="COST_PLAN_ID" investmentCode="PROJECT_CODE" startPeriod="start_period" finishPeriod="finish_period" name="project_name" periodType="MONTHLY">
    <Description/>

<!--this is the part you need to get right as per current plan-->
    <GroupingAttributes>
        <GroupingAttribute>transaction_class_id</GroupingAttribute>
    </GroupingAttributes>

<CustomInformation>
           <ColumnValue name="my_custom_field">what_is_going_to_update</ColumnValue>
       </CustomInformation>
      </CostPlan>
    </CostPlans>
    </NikuDataBus>

• 4.  Re: XOG error updating project cost plan

Posted Jul 19, 2017 09:09 AM

Hello,
    First I would like to thank you for the help you are giving me.
    The process has been working for some time, and only fails in some cost plans. In most cost plans the process runs correctly.
    I attach a piece of the process.
    Again, thank you very much.

• 5.  Re: XOG error updating project cost plan
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2017 09:32 AM

Carlos, based on that code your cost plans must have grouping set as:

• Transaction class
    • Charge code
    • Cost type
    • User Value 2

If you go to the cost plan that failed, you will see that the grouping is not set that way

Instead of hard coding this, you need to use gel to read the cost plan grouping and then use the results in the xog back.

The alternative is to enforce consistent cost plan groupings, but this is not possible in the product without customisation.

• 6.  Re: XOG error updating project cost plan

Posted Jul 20, 2017 02:20 AM

Indeed the problem is in the number of grouped attributes of the cost plan. All cost plans have 4 grouping attributes defined, except this one, which has only 3. I think it was an error on the part of the user.

Thank you for the information.

A greeting!