Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  NEW UI - Remove Create Project

Posted Jun 17, 2018 10:00 PM

Hi all,

Is there I could remove Create Project Button from new UI for all project managers but retain the same for CLASSIC UI?

As we convert the project from Idea , I believe there is no option in there is no option in the NEW UI

Please advise

Thanks

Sreeram

• 2.  Re: NEW UI - Remove Create Project

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2018 01:27 AM

Hi Sreeram

If you are converting a project from Idea that doesn't even stop you creating projects directly in Classic UI also, why do you want to explicitly remove the same from NEW UI. 

If a person has rights to create project in Classic PPM, he will get that in NEW UX too.

Via supported way there is no way to hide that button. 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: NEW UI - Remove Create Project

Posted Jun 18, 2018 03:01 AM

i agree it work same in classic and new UI so it control access will be a better way for this.

• 4.  Re: NEW UI - Remove Create Project

Posted Jun 18, 2018 05:30 AM

I know.. I want to remove create project in new UI, as I want it to be available in Classic PPM alone. I believe the access rights to provide to a resource to create a project is same for both Classis PPM and NEW UI. Hence access rights is of no help. 

As our governance, it has to be created only from IDEA not directly. Also we have customized PRoject ID which can't be autonumbered.

So is there a way to remove Create project from new UI through access rights?

Is there an unsupported way to remove button

• 5.  Re: NEW UI - Remove Create Project

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2018 06:21 AM

The access right from classic PPM and new UI for project remains the same. There is no supported way to do it. 

• 6.  Re: NEW UI - Remove Create Project

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2018 03:18 AM

Hi Sreeram,

To create a new project in NEW UX, you need to create a project from Template.

In Classic UI, "New" and "New from Template" button are available to create a new project.

In New UX, you need a Template to create a project.

If you don't have access right for any Template, you will not create a project in NEW UX despite of Create Project Button is available. 

Regards,

Shoichi

• 7.  Re: NEW UI - Remove Create Project

Posted Jun 19, 2018 07:17 AM

The only supported way I can think to do this would be to assign a central person to be in control of converting the ideas to projects, and assigning the project managers to the projects. You can then ensure that the central person has project create rights, and remove the project create right from the project managers.

This will remove the New and New from Template buttons in the Classic UI, and the New Project button (and Tile) from the New UX.