Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Edit the baseline Manually

Posted Apr 22, 2018 09:45 PM

Hello Ca Communities

I work in PMO and it is the responsibilities of PMO to save the baseline. We forgot to baseline two of the projects at the project Kick off. Now we have noticed project finish date has been changed. I found that if I've baseline the project, I am not allowed to change the baseline start and finish date manually. Baseline start and finish date read the data from the latest start and finish date of the latest project at the time that we create the baseline. We can not  set up the project from scratch because it has actuals. The only solution is to get the baseline of the latest project and editing baseline manually which system does not allow me. Is my understanding of the solution correct?

Is there any way for me to manually set up baseline start and finish date at this late phase of the project in the projectconnect?

Regards

Parastoo

#baseline

• 2.  Re: Edit the baseline Manually
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 23, 2018 01:12 AM

"The only solution is to get the baseline of the latest project and editing baseline manually which system does not allow me. Is my understanding of the solution correct?" - Correct - you need to change the start/finish data of the task(s) and either create a new baseline / update the existing baseline

NJ

• 3.  Re: Edit the baseline Manually

Posted Apr 23, 2018 01:20 AM

Thanks a lot

• 4.  Re: Edit the baseline Manually

Posted Apr 23, 2018 02:58 AM

The way I see it is that there is no functionality in the CA PPM GUI which would allow editing of baseline details.

It used to be possible to use Open Workbench and step back the actuals and ETC until you got to a specif situation in the past and modify the dates. Then you could create a new baseline at that point of time of set the baseline for a view or selected tasks. Then you would re-enter the actuals until you got back to the current state. However, if you have entered actuals through timesheets it is no longer possible to switch the track mode for entering time in OWB. So this possibility no longer exist.

Even earlier it was possible to edit the baseline directly in OWB by setting the entry for that in Windows registry. Currently that does not seem to work either.

What I have used recently is a gel script which reads the current data and XOGs in a new baseline. Based on that. It should be possible to create a baseline with any given data.