Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Issue in Updating OBS data from Department of Resource

Posted May 23, 2018 07:01 AM

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we are trying to copy the data from Department Table aka cost center and short description and update in a obs which maintains the same other than the department obs for resources where it is different or mismatched in the OBS than that of Department data for the reource

While working on the identification and preparing a query for the same, i am stuck in writing the merge statement since it was somehow returning multiple rows due to the oob department obs even though there was no outer join used in the query. When I was trying to restrict the query to achieve the goal, I was stuck due to the reference error due to the limitation of merge statement where the joining column (join condition) of tables can not be updated through merge statement

Is there an alternate way to achieve it

I know it is difficult to explain without the code snippet but due to restriction i am not able to do it

Regards\\Avik

• 2.  Re: Issue in Updating OBS data from Department of Resource

Posted May 24, 2018 05:21 AM

Hi Avik,

Its hard to understand what exactly you are doing. If I understand, if there is a mismatch of a resource's/user's OBS value on the CA PPM tool, you are trying to get it updated to the correct OBS value. I am not sure why you would need a separate OBS field for this. You can compare the data between your Employee Directory and the CA PPM tool for the OBS values, and replace the old value with the new value within the OOTB Department OBS field for that resource/user. The OBS structure should already have been designed on your CA PPM tool. So, you can just identify the Financial Department from the Employee Directory that the resource/user has moved to and update the OBS value using the OBS ID through a Gel Script or a XOG.

Hope this helps in getting you started with your work.

Regards,

Suhail.

• 3.  Re: Issue in Updating OBS data from Department of Resource

Posted Oct 09, 2018 12:36 PM

Hi Suhail,

Sorry for my late reply but the problem is that we do not intend to use department obs but we use a limited and a seperate obs for some employees with specific cost center that starts with 13000+ lets say

But when I'm querying somehow the resultset I am getting is two entries for each resource which includes the data of department obs which I would like to eliminate

Regards\\Avik