Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Change in Filter not reflected

• 1.  Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 10, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi

I tried to add a new filter field to the Resource planning -> Unfilled Roles portlet page. It's a virtual field and I added it to filter view in Team object and published it. Still the field is not showing up. I tried to make the virtual field as required field in filter and entered a default value too in the filter view. Yet this is not showing up in the Unfilled roles portlet page. Any idea on what is causing this issue? Why is that not reflected in the Unfilled Roles filter section?

Any idea on this issue would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 10, 2017 04:45 PM

If the Data Provider is a System Restricted Provider, then all the fields that appear in the Portlet would be predefined and not open for change.

• 3.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 11, 2017 09:05 AM

Jeevan, I can see the field when I customize it. But it's simply not reflected even when I try publish button.

• 4.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 12, 2017 03:50 AM

Jeevan is correct, it is system provider based portlet and fields are already predefined for the portlet to use.

You may play around with the already available fields but new additions will not be possible. You may create a new virtual attribute at the portlet level but still that will not be available for Filter view.

• 5.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 12, 2017 04:07 AM

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but I am understanding that we have been able to add the field as a filter in the portlet setup in studio OK, just that it is not reflected in the application - I think that this is different to what you and Jeevan are saying which is "you can't add fields to system data providers".

• 6.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 16, 2017 08:57 PM

You can add virtual attributes to some 'system provider based portlets'.  For example, push over a Investment attribute to the Team via the Object Team.  The Investment attribute is then available to portlets based around the 'system provider' 'Actuals vs Allocation Discrepancy' which can be used for example, in the portlet 'Allocation Discrepency' which I have used as part of the Filter to only show only those investments with the Investment attribute = 'X' or 'Y' etc.  It doesn't work on all 'system providers' though.

• 7.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 11, 2017 04:25 AM

If we make changes to object views in studio, then a user will not inherit those changes if they have previously configured their own personal view of that object-view. In order for a user to pick up the studio-configured changes then you must either;

• PUBLISH the changes from within studio (but this affects the whole system (i.e. all users) and this might not be what you want to happen if you have other users with personally configured views)
    • As the user, "Restore Defaults" against the personalised view - you would need to do this for every user though so that also has its problems

• 8.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 11, 2017 09:04 AM

Hi David, I tried publish too. Yet the newly added filter value is not reflected in the page. Still, I can see that when I try to configure the page.

• 9.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 11, 2017 09:07 AM

Its not "hidden in filter" is it (since you have said required and given it a default, you are able to hide it)

(hard for me to guess as I'm not very familiar with that page/portlet)

What do you see when you configure the portlet from the user-side of the application (rather than studio)

• 10.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 12, 2017 04:01 AM

If everything else fails try this
    Issue adding filter columns to portlets 

• 11.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 12, 2017 08:48 AM

I have noticed this issue as well when I publish changes to portlets.  I finally figured out the issue for me was I needed to run the Clean User Session job.  Once I run that job, the changes are reflected in PPM.

• 12.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 12, 2017 01:25 PM

That is doable, but if the policy is to run the job scheduled should you launch it manually?

• 13.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 12, 2017 02:42 PM

I do not have that limitation, especially for a portlet  since I only have to run it in our Dev environment.  Once I'm done building it in DEV, I XOG it into Test and Prod.  However, I have had the same issues when I make changes to a view which would require me to run the job in all three environments.  That being said, couldn't you just schedule the job to run at least once a day and therefore you know your configurations will be done on the scheduled time.

Either way, any of the suggested solutions, XOG out and then back in or run a job, should not have to be done.  PPM should automatically reflect the changes you make as soon at you hit SAVE.

• 14.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 13, 2017 04:29 PM

Agree that no special action should be needed.

I think Georgy suggested just exporting the portlet and XOGing that back, which is a little bit simpler.

However, I think the least risk it in running the job.

Running the job once a day would force you to wait a day before you can verify the modification.

Just wondering again ...

How did you establish that the running the job solves the issue?

• 15.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 16, 2017 08:39 AM

That's why I said to run the job at least once a day or else like you stated you would have to wait any entire day for the change.

I started noticing that when I made some portlet configurations that the changes would show up in PPM the next day.  I figured it had to be some job that was running so I took a look at the scheduled jobs that ran off hours.  The one that made sense was the Clean User Session job and then I tested it out. 

• 16.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected

Posted Oct 16, 2017 08:50 PM

Try flushing the cache via yourenv.ondemand.ca.com/niku/nu#action:security.caches.

We periodically have the same issue, and we run the Clean User Session nightly, as well as I republished the portlet etc, and I had the same issue, where a filter attribute would not show, even though I could see it when I went to configure the portlet in my personal session.  Flushing the cache worked in this case.

• 17.  Re: Change in Filter not reflected
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 17, 2017 09:41 AM

This is now added to the portlet filter and is working as expected. It should be the cache issue. Thanks you guys for all prompt response.