After doing some customization on Portlet on Filters and Data columns, It spins continuously but doesn't load any thing and finally throws error.
Is there any work around to bring back the portlet to normal view/position , In this case Issue is with Custom portlet.
Check out these threads:
Basically there are few ways to do it. In Support we usually get the issue solved with Fiddler. Since we moved to a new KB system and some KBs are not yet indexed I got the solution for you - please try it out. This is KB000030510.
How to Restore Defaults in PPM to Resolve Corrupti - CA Knowledge
Sometimes the view for one or more users gets broken, resulting in system error when user navigates to it.
Some symptoms a user may see:
Issues like this can typically be resolved by doing a Restore Default. There are a couple of methods that can be used to get to this page for a user seeing the issue.
Fiddler can be used to retrieve the needed URL to restore defaults if the user cannot get to the Restore Defaults page due to the issue they are facing. Fiddler is needed in that situation since PPM does not reflect the link for the Restore Defaults page in the URL.
Below are the steps on how to do this:
1) Install the Fiddler2 tool. The link to download this can be found at: http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler/fiddler2.
2) Log in to PPM as a user who does not have the issue.
3) Navigate to the page where the user is facing the issue.
4) Launch Fiddler.
5) Once Fiddler is open, go back to PPM and click on the Options icon in the upper right hand corner, then select Configure.
6) Go to Fiddler and click on the last link, which should be the trace for navigating to the configure page in Clarity.
7) In the request headers section, copy everything after "action=" and prior to "HTTP/1.1".
8) Log in as the user with the issue.
9) Take the data you just copied from Fiddler and paste it in the PPM URL after "action:".
10) This will take you to the List Column Layout view.
Note: It’s recommended to take a screen shot of the view you see on the List Column – Section for two reasons:
a) This will help in troubleshooting to determine if a particular field the user added is causing the issue.
b) Users may have customizations in their view they don’t want to lose. Since restoring defaults removes user’s customizations, taking a capture of the view will enable the user to reconfigure their view after restoring defaults.
11) Click on the General tab, then click Restore Defaults.
You may get system errors when trying to take users directly to the General tab from Fiddler, so that is why we recommend taking the Fiddler URL directly after clicking Configure (This places you on the List Column - Section page and not on the General tab).
Method 2: Create a bookmark in Firefox
1) In Firefox, log in to PPM with a user ID that doesn't have the issue. 2) Navigate to the portlet page with the issue. 3) Right click on the configure link and select "bookmark this link". 4) Log in to PPM as the user with the issue and select the bookmark. 5) This will bring you to the configure portlet page where you can restore defaults as the user with the issue.
See also this
Home Page not loading after login
I have tried implementing the 2nd method in different way, but it didn't worked.
I have no issues with the Portlet, so I have clicked on Configure link and book marked it. I have sent that link to user who is facing the problem with portlet.
He created a Google bookmark and edited that with pasting the link i have provided. This opened the Portlet Configuration window, he clicked on Restore defaults and removed half of the columns from available list, still this didn't worked.
It's throwing error after spinning long time.[ en- unable to process your request - Server or network error ]
Then that is not due to adding a column to the portlet which corrupts the configuration.
Try opening a new instance of the portlet eg. on a new tab on the Overview page.
Trying another browser would eliminate browser problems.
Let the user try to log into CA PPM from and other workstation to see if it works better there. That would eliminate workstation related problems.
Open a case with support and send them the app log and preferably also the Action trace.
2nd Workaround is good but I still believe there should be some proper solution to this.
Free free to share if you find any better way to fix these problems
Sure Suman. Whenever get some time… will share if found something.