Clarity PPM1

Expand all | Collapse all

15.4 Roadmap items object

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  15.4 Roadmap items object

Posted 03-21-2018 07:14 AM

With 15.4 we now have a new object called "Roadmap" with the child object "Roadmap item". I assume that all roadmap items are created in the database as roadmap item objects.

My question is: Can I access the roadmap items through the classic UI? And perhaps convert them to other objects like Idea or Project?

• 2.  Re: 15.4 Roadmap items object
    Best Answer

Posted 03-21-2018 12:40 PM

Yes you can access them from the Classic UI like other objects.

According to the answer in recent webinars you cannot convert Roadmap items currently to ideas nor projects. You can link items to eg projects.

• 3.  Re: 15.4 Roadmap items object

Posted 03-22-2018 06:09 AM

Thanks – pretty much what I expected.

• 4.  Re: 15.4 Roadmap items object

Posted 03-27-2018 08:13 AM

Could you please help me in Navigation to it? I am not able to find it in Classic UI.

• 5.  Re: 15.4 Roadmap items object

Posted 03-27-2018 08:34 AM

Roadmap is there in NEW UX and not in classic PPM 

• 6.  Re: 15.4 Roadmap items object

Posted 03-27-2018 11:38 AM

The image above is from a query based custom portlets in the Classic UI querying the roadmap and roadmap item tables.

You can create the same should you want.

• 7.  Re: 15.4 Roadmap items object

Posted 03-28-2018 05:33 AM

Yes, I got it. Thanks for the update urmas.

/Sai.

• 8.  Re: 15.4 Roadmap items object

Posted 03-28-2018 05:33 AM

Thanks Suman for the clarification and how to go about customizing the fields on the Roadmap item detail page?

Can we add the custom fields and access them in the Road Map Detail of NEW UI. I tried and was not able to customize anything on the Road Map Item Page.

Thanks and Regards,

Sai.

• 9.  Re: 15.4 Roadmap items object

Posted 03-29-2018 12:32 PM

What you can do is add custom attributes in Studio to the Roadmap item object eg. aa below

However, the thing available in the New UI is selecting metrics and the custom field is not not available there

The Roadmap object does not have the functionality to add new attributes that is no New button

As far as the "views" go there are views listed for the Roadmap object in Studio

You can access the field layout of the list view, but that is not the layout displayed in the New UI.

A user cannot display the list view in a user defined manner (similar to project list)

There are no views listed for the Roadmap item object

So the answer is that you cannot add attributes to the Roadmap item to display in the New UI.

• 10.  Re: 15.4 Roadmap items object

Posted 04-02-2018 05:27 AM

CORRECTION

I needed to be educated. When watching CA PPM 15.4. Cumumlative Differences 200 from CA Education 

I learned that the API Attribute ID needs to have a value before the custom attributes will be available in the New UX roadmap.

After giving values custom attributes (string, number and money) will be available in the Grid view and as the training tells the number and money type are available as metrics for the Swim lane view.

• 11.  Re: 15.4 Roadmap items object

Posted 04-02-2018 10:27 AM

Hello Urmas,

I populated  Attribute ID that got the Custom Metric populated in the Grid View.

But in the last screenshot how did you get the Custom Metric populated in the Time line View?

Are the Custom Metrics available in any other Layout other than Grid view? 

Thanks and Regards,

Sai.

• 12.  Re: 15.4 Roadmap items object

Posted 04-02-2018 12:07 PM

The API Attribute ID (which is different from Attribute ID) needs to have a value before the custom attributes will be available in the New UX roadmap. Number and Money attributes were available for me in the Time line view after that as metrics.