we are currently facing very strange issue for us we have never met before. We are using XOG (through Clarity GUI and also by command line) for many years. Firstly this week our Clarity GUI interface started to "ignore" XML characters, or better say encoding and produced error: Reference is not allowed in prolog.
I tried to change encoding to: UTF-8, UTF-8 without BOM, ANSI – without success.
Exactly this XOG (and all others I tried) works last week.
After this situation I tried to use command line where another strange issue appeared. When used properties (attached) file (1. attempt) - I'm not able to connect. However through plain command line login I can (2. attempt) ...
Error produced by not successful 1. attempt (out.xml file) says that login to requested URL failed:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><XOGOutput xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/status.xsd"><Object type="unknown"/><Statistics updatedRecords="0" insertedRecords="0" failureRecords="0" totalNumberOfRecords="0"/><ErrorInformation><Severity>FATAL</Severity><Description>XOG Invoke Failed</Description><Exception type="com.niku.xog.XOGException">
Login Failed: URL: http://dedussv-sjsdev2.de.henkelgroup.net:29082/niku/xog user: xoguser</Exception></ErrorInformation></XOGOutput>
However when I click on that URL, it is accessible and valid, as it should be...:
Do you know what this can cause?
I have seen that "prolog" error when the XML text had been editted in a "funny" editor (such as Word) rather than a clean /text-only editor (such as Notepad++, PFE etc).
i.e. something to do with the encoding on the XML file itself rather than the XML in the file.
When I got it, just pasting the XML into a text-only editor and saving it "fixed" it.
(Search for "prolog" on this community and you'll see it come up a few times)
Yes i think the same. Problem is I'm using Notepad++ for a years without any issue like that.... Haven't changed any encoding also. When I searched for "prolog" I found advises like this - not use "funny" editors...
I've been getting the same XOG Invoke Failed, Login failed once we upgraded to 15.3 a few weeks ago. If I run the exact same XOG it will work the second time. We've also had some odd behaviors on a xog we run to import our new users into PPM.
Did this issue pop up for you when you went to 15.3?
The same XOG of course works in our old Clarity 13.3 from which we are upgrading...
Strange is also that those XOGs worked in new Clarity 15.3 for a two weeks till now...
Can you try by removing:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
of course I tried it before, with no luck...
Could you check your xml file by using any binary editor to view BOM(Byte Order mark) is placed in it.
You are not able to view BOM by using text editor.
If BOM is placed in start at xml file, please remove it and try to xog again.
Firstly: in my thread:
Secondly: I used xml templates from xog_client/xml directory so it should be valid.
Thank you for summarizing the problem.
I understood strange behavior which you experienced.
I have the following concerns.
If you use proxy for xog with JDK1.8.0_111 or later version, Basic authentication for HTTPS tunneling is deactivated by default. The proxy configuration in your network maybe any changes, or you change your JDK to JDK1.8.0_111 or later.
Please review "Disable Basic authentication for HTTPS tunneling" section.
Java™ SE Development Kit 8, Update 111 Release Notes
PPM has "MAX_XML_NODES" parameter for limitation.
It is configured in <PPM Install Directory>/config/governors.properties like as below.
#Maximum allowed XML nodes in a XOG readMAX_XML_NODES=150000
If many xog instance are running and consume XML_NODES, new xog instance may fail because no enough node available.