Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Regarding Team - staff page

• 1.  Regarding Team - staff page

Posted Mar 06, 2018 02:08 AM

Hi All,

I having doubt regarding the functionality of resource allocation Start date and Finish date in the team-staff page.

will the resource be able to fill the Timesheet for the respectively Project once the resource allocation finish date has been completed.

i can see the resource are able to fill the future timesheet even after the allocation finish date has been completed.

is there any relation between resource allocation dates and timesheet.

Regards,

Nandhu

• 2.  Re: Regarding Team - staff page

Posted Mar 06, 2018 01:31 PM

I don't think there is.

There is a small relation between timeentry and assignment times.

When the resource, project, task, parent task and so on are open for timeentry and there is ETC on the assignment and the assignment times are within the set 7 day limit the assigned task may appear automatically on the timesheet.

Though if the timeentry open conditions are met the user may enter time outside the assignment dates as well.

• 3.  Re: Regarding Team - staff page

Posted Mar 07, 2018 04:15 AM

Then there are the Estimate from Allocations and Allocate from Estimates which make the relations match better.

• 4.  Re: Regarding Team - staff page

Posted Mar 07, 2018 09:47 AM

Hi Urmas,

Thanks for your input.

I am still confused regarding the above point. Could you help me understanding the how the relations will make much better.

Regards,

Nandhu 

• 5.  Re: Regarding Team - staff page
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2018 01:12 PM

The way I see it allocation is for resource planning indicating demand which your supply id capacity is to match.

ETC is for project planning and timeentry for project tracking. In real life you also use the projects those resources you have in planning. Therefore the smoother operation you have if your resource and project planning are in sync.

Those two jobs help you in that. Estimate from allocations takes the allocations and sets the effort (ETC) equal. If I recall correctly the down side is that the system does not know how you want to distribute the effort between your tasks therefore all the effort is put on the effort task only.  The allocate from estimates does the opposite. It sets the allocations equal to the effort estimates of the resources in all the tasks to make the resource planning demand more accurate.

The allocation start and end dates also serve to help to have the resource planning more accurate. By default they are the same as the project dates, but if you know better the allocation can be for less time. If you want them to be outside the project dates you would have to reset the project dates according to your need. However, usually the project and task dates determine when you need resource and not vice versa.

• 6.  Re: Regarding Team - staff page

Posted Mar 08, 2018 03:48 AM

Thank you urmas!!! it clears my doubt

• 7.  Re: Regarding Team - staff page

Posted Mar 07, 2018 05:01 AM

yeah. User will be able to fill the time sheet if the allocation is over also.

If you don't want those time to be captured, then you can think of a custom process, which starts on-demand,to reject those time sheet (task allocation is over), when user submits the time sheet.

Thanks,

Agin

• 8.  Re: Regarding Team - staff page

Posted Mar 07, 2018 09:57 AM

Hi Agin,

Thank you for your input!!

could you explain more about functionality of Start date and finish date under Team- staff page and where does it work or where it is getting validated .

Regards,

Nandhu

• 9.  Re: Regarding Team - staff page

Posted Mar 08, 2018 09:52 AM

Hello Nandhu,

The start and finish dates on the "Team - Staff" page is the result of the requisition being processed. The PM of the project, submits a requisition with the requirements and the allocation segments (there could be more than one). When that requisition is processed, the person is added to the "Team - Staff" page, with the appropriate allocation segments. Remember the "Team - Staff" page is the team working on the project. The "Project Role" on the "Team - Staff Page" also comes from the requisition and is the default role that the person will have when they are assigned to a task. If the person is performing multiple roles, let's say Architect & Consultant and they were staffed via a requisition for Consultant, then for any "Consultant" tasks will have the correct role. However the PM will need to manually change the role on any "Architect" tasks as the person will be assigned with the default role "Consultant" and the role on the "Architect" tasks will need to be updated to reflect the role of "Architect". I hope this helps. If you have additional questions, regarding Clarity/PPM, you can call me at x17100 or 631-533-7100.

Regards,

Vera

• 10.  Re: Regarding Team - staff page

Posted Mar 09, 2018 03:48 AM

That is if you use requisitions, but IMHO you do not have to.

• 11.  Re: Regarding Team - staff page

Posted Mar 08, 2018 11:50 AM

Rather than a process, the project manager should just close the resource/tasks from time entry so they can't even be added to a timesheet.

• 12.  Re: Regarding Team - staff page

Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:12 PM

You can't close the task if the person is working on both. Best practice is to turn the task off for time-entry once it has been completed. Of course, you have to uncheck it if you have to adjust timesheets.