Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Repeat question: Show months in order on Ad hoc report (Jaspersoft)

Posted Dec 01, 2016 04:45 PM

I saw one or two older posts on this, but no firm answers were provided.

In Jaspersoft Ad hoc:

Crosstab report;: Example: rows = resources and then the columns are by month, allocation (similar to resource portlets in Clarity under Resource planning)

The months (using calendar Month ) show in alpha order and not calendar order. Since this is a big flaw in Jaspersoft Ad hoc, I read through Jaspersoft that you can try to do a concatenate, but how does that work in Clarity?

I tried to concatenate the Month Number (using Calendar Month Start date attribute)    + month Name ( using Calendar Month attribute) but no matter what I do, it says invalid expression, so I must be doing something wrong.

so in using calendar months (not fiscal), how do we put the months in a calendar order Jan -Dec on a crosstab ad hoc report?

Thanks!

Lynn

• 2.  Re: Repeat question: Show months in order on Ad hoc report (Jaspersoft)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2016 07:34 PM

Instead of using the Calendar Month field, use the Calendar Month Start Date field.

Then right click on the Month Start Date in the report section (below the Columns/Rows section) and select Change Grouping > Month. This should display the months in the format of Month YYYY, in calendar order.

• 3.  Re: Repeat question: Show months in order on Ad hoc report (Jaspersoft)

Posted Dec 05, 2016 07:51 AM

Thanks, that is what I wrote: I am using the month start date and the month,  but I don't want the numbers to show at all - only the month.. Supposedly you can concatenate the two fields which is what I was asking; however, I learned of a good work around on Friday, so I am good.. thanks!  And, indeed your way is a fantastic option too.. so thank you!