Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Programs - Why can you not change project status on task page?

Posted Apr 07, 2017 06:11 PM

According to the KB below, the only want to get a project on the program task list page to 'Started' is to set the project to 'effort' or 'duration' & run the '% Complete Update' Job. I verified this works, but I am curious if CA or anyone else may have background as to why it cannot be changed via UI if program and\or projects are set to 'manual'?  IF everything is set ot manual the status field is still read-only and and 'not started'

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1469224.html?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=2

• 2.  Re: Programs - Why can you not change project status on task page?

Posted May 02, 2017 12:19 PM

You can change it from the UI if the % complete is set to 'Manual', but you have to do it from the specific project you want to change since that is where the work is being done.  You can't change the project status from the program view.

That is also stated in the answer of the KB article.

Answer: 

If you set 'Duration' or 'Effort' for % Complete Calculation Method and run 'Update %Complete' job then the status of the sub project will be change.

Also, if the % Complete Calculation is set to 'Manual', you can update the overall project status field or individual task status fields by going into the specific project.  You cannot update the status field from the Program Gantt view.

• 3.  Re: Programs - Why can you not change project status on task page?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2017 11:34 AM

The Task status field for a sub project with % Complete Calculation Method set to Manual on a program is based on the % complete field of the sub project. So, if you change the % Complete of the sub project to 100%, then the status of the sub project on the program changes to “Completed” on the Task list. I've updated the KB with the information as well. 

The logic is the following:

Where Project % Complete = 0%, the Status will default to Not Started.
    Where Project % Complete = 0> % >100, the Status will default to Started.
    Where Project % Complete = 100%, the Status will default to Completed.

• 4.  Re: Programs - Why can you not change project status on task page?

Posted Dec 05, 2018 04:20 AM

Hi Guys

I have a similar problem, however my sub-project shown in the program level is reflecting a different status, vs. what the specific project is reflecting and even after I run the job mentioned above the program status stays the same. I have sub projects within the program view which are reflecting a "Not Started" status even though they are marked as Complete in the individual project in PPM and the tasks within that project are also marked as complete, so I can't understand why the status in the program Sub-project" is reflecting something different. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Mike