Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Attribute arrangement in Portlet

Posted May 21, 2017 12:06 PM

Hi All,

I have added one new lookup field in my PPA portlet queryand I have configured in portlet Filter and the text field in the filter list is too much wide comparing the others.

Can some one help me on this.

• 2.  Re: Attribute arrangement in Portlet
    Best Answer

Posted May 21, 2017 12:14 PM

I'd try to get that page to save without the ERROR message that it is telling you about and see if you still have the problem.

(so either give the filter a default, or remove the required flag)

• 3.  Re: Attribute arrangement in Portlet

Posted May 21, 2017 02:23 PM

The Display Type should also be either Drop down or browse if the field is based on a lookup.

• 4.  Re: Attribute arrangement in Portlet

Posted May 21, 2017 06:27 PM

If it is a lookup field, the data type should be of Lookup type as well right.

Find below the screen which has the option of "Lookup" while creating the attribute.

Once you have a lookup attribute, you will have the option as "Browse" & "Drop Down" as display type.

But if you have the an attribute with String as datatype and width as 20, the width of the attribute should be smaller than the one what you have shared.

Can you please let us know if you are observing this issue with every String attribute ?

Regards,

Srikanth G

• 5.  Re: Attribute arrangement in Portlet

Posted May 22, 2017 02:58 AM

@Srikanth - I think that this is a PORTLET not an OBJECT?

If it is a PORTLET based upon a QUERY then the lookup needs to be associated with the attribute in the QUERY in order to get the right option in the PORTLET/FILTER screens.

• 6.  Re: Attribute arrangement in Portlet

Posted Jun 02, 2017 07:20 AM

Thanks All..

As per your suggestions, i have changed the attribute data type in the Query level and i was changed in the list column filter at fields.

Then Its works!