Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Team and Resource Objects and Portlets

Posted May 25, 2017 02:41 PM

We currently have an attribute on the resource object and have been asked to include in the resource planning portlets which are based on the team object.  I'm told the attribute needs to be on the team object in order to do this, but see that resource properties is listed in the linking tab on the team object.  Has anyone had success in showing an attribute from the resource object on the team object based portlets?

• 2.  Re: Team and Resource Objects and Portlets

Posted May 26, 2017 12:40 PM

Not answering your question, but more thinking of what is not possible.

To get a resource object attribute available for a team object based portlet would required to have the value be reproduced  for a team (custom) attribute. You cannot use a virtual attribute because the parent of the team object is investment and not resource. Dave thinks you cannot use his method "How to put any dynamic values" to display in query based portlets and I don't think it cannot be used either in object based portlets.

You could use a gel script to populate the field. In order that to be support you would have to XOG in the value. I do not see team as an XOG object while team data is part of project data. Have not explored if custom team attribute values can be XOGed in. I do not see investments either as XOG objects, but assets, ideas, other work etc.

Unsupported direct db write with gel of custom team object attribute values could be possible. That would have to be tested if it then were available for your portlets.

You could test, by creating the attribute and manually entering the data.

I take manual data entry is out for production.

• 3.  Re: Team and Resource Objects and Portlets

Posted May 26, 2017 02:56 PM

This is not possible given it's System/CA Data providers in case of Resource Planning > Team object based Portlets. Ex. Workloads.

If you add new attributes to Resource object they will not show up there unless you build Custom Solution.

You could create Same attribute in Team object and then create process/trigger to keep that in sync.