Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jaspersoft Ad hoc and studio report template

Posted Oct 04, 2016 11:34 AM

How can I modify/create or replace the default template that is used by jaspersoft to meet orgwide branding?

Below links did not help

Sample of Custom Ad Hoc Template to Display Logo - v.5.5+ | Jaspersoft Community 

Configuring Ad Hoc | Jaspersoft Community 

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Ad hoc and studio report template

Posted Oct 10, 2016 10:48 AM

Whatever changes I do in the jrxml files have absolutely no effect on the ad hoc reports; even after picking up different templates(landscape,portrait, letter, A4).

What is the use of this functionality if it does not work at all?

I strongly doubt if this actually works. I deleted all template and to my surprise no errors shown, reports were shown as they had been!! the only time I see error is when I stop the jaspersoft server. (note: I always restarted jaspersoft when I changed any template)

so above links I shared do not apply to Clarity-Japsersoft?

If I can find out how to debug the reports rendering line by line then I might be able to achieve something. Anybody knows how to do that?

I found below in ultimate guide.

Does below suggest that Clarity integrated jaspersoft requires developers to Compile the templates and "customize" the whole thing?

USING JASPERREPORTS IN WEB ENVIRONMENTS
    Recent surveys indicate that JasperReports is usually used inside web-based applications to render dynamic content.
    When using JasperReports inside such applications, keep in mind how to handle report templates, reference report resources, and deal with images when exporting to HTML. A small web application that does these things is included as one of the samples. The /demo/samples/webapp directory inside the project distribution package contains the
    source files of a simple web application that uses JasperReports for rendering a report. This report can be viewed in HTML and PDF format, or even directly as a JasperPrint object using the built-in Swing viewer as an applet inside the browser.
    COMPILING REPORT TEMPLATES
    Any Java application that needs reporting functionality can use the JasperReports library in two ways:
     To generate documents out of static report templates that get compiled at development time and are distributed in the compiled form as part of the application distribution files
     To generate documents out of dynamically built or so-called ad hoc report templates that are the result of some user input at runtime In the first case, *.jasper files containing compiled report templates are deployed as resources inside the application distribution package, just as images or normal Java *.class files are distributed and deployed. The compilation of the static report templates should be part of the application build system, taking into account that the library is shipped with a ready-to-use Ant task for bulk-compiling multiple report template files at once.
    The second scenario assumes that static report templates cannot be used, or at least are subject to some runtime modifications based on user feedback. Runtime-created or runtime-modified report templates must be compiled on the fly. Report compilation in a web environment can be a challenge if JDK-based report compilers are used, because
    they require a temporary working directory and an explicitly set classpath. However, recent versions of JasperReports use the JDT-based compiler by default, which is both faster and easier to use because it does not require any configuration. To use it, make sure the jdt-compiler.jar file distributed with the JasperReports project source files inside the /lib directory is part of the web application classpath. 

DEPLOYING REPORT TEMPLATES AND RESOURCES
    Report templates can reference other resources such as images, fonts, or other report templates used as nested subreports. In any Java application, but especially inside web applications where locating files on disk is more challenging, the best way to locate static resources is by means of classpath. All the resources that need to be loaded using a
    relative location at runtime should be part of the application’s classpath. Images, fonts, and subreports should be referenced inside a report template using their relative location within the classpath. By doing this, you ensure that links between those resources are still valid regardless of how the application is actually deployed.

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Ad hoc and studio report template

Posted Jan 10, 2017 07:46 AM

Templates are stored on the Jasper report server for each of the theme colours/styles.  Opening these in Jasper studio will enable editing in the jrxml.  Once updated in studio changes will need to be published back to the server.

Note: Upgrades may overwrite your changes if you publish over OOTB templates.

We would recommend copying the tree for your site and creating custom reports and templates leaving the OOTB versions in tact.

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Ad hoc and studio report template

Posted Jan 10, 2017 12:37 PM

I did publish but could not see any change on the ad hoc views/reports.