Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Creating a new attribute in the Risk/Issue/Change object

Posted Mar 23, 2017 05:19 PM

Hi,

I need to create a new attribute in Risk/Issue/Change object but when i create a issue from a risk (for example) i need to get this information too. Any ideas?

Best regards.

• 2.  Re: Creating a new attribute in the Risk/Issue/Change object

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2017 12:26 AM

• 3.  Re: Creating a new attribute in the Risk/Issue/Change object

Posted Mar 24, 2017 07:51 AM

Hi Jerin,

I tried with the automatic mapping but no success. In risk, issue and change object, i created the same attribute using the same ID but when i click "Create a issue" and shows me the create page with some informations, the new attribute (same id) shows nothing.

Maybe in this case, the solution is to create a proccess?

Best regards.

• 4.  Re: Creating a new attribute in the Risk/Issue/Change object

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2017 08:47 PM

Hi,

Yes, I did try it out from my side and the automatic mapping doesn't seem to work.I am checking this internally and will let you know.

I have tried the object mapping and have created the mapping in the table. I will try out the process and see how it goes. Did you/Andrew get a chance to check out the process way of mapping? 

Thanks,

Jerin   

• 5.  Re: Creating a new attribute in the Risk/Issue/Change object

Posted Mar 24, 2017 01:21 PM

Out of curiosity I tried this in 15.2, expected the conversion to behave as elsewhere. (if id the same then map automatically)

However as Douglas has described is does not work. I pushed an object map too in, and again doesn't work

Created a risk and issue attribute called test mapping (id = test_mapping)

Clicked create issue

Issue did not map the data through (and yes again, ID is the same and I sent a mapping XOG in)

As a workaround you could as suggested have a process that on create pulls the originating risks value through.

Certainly not the expected behaviour.

• 6.  Re: Creating a new attribute in the Risk/Issue/Change object

Posted Mar 27, 2017 06:47 AM

Andrew Mowlam escreveu:

As a workaround you could as suggested have a process that on create pulls the originating risks value through.

Certainly not the expected behaviour.

I think this is the only way...