Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  XOG rights and queries (webservices)

Posted Apr 21, 2017 01:55 PM

Using the global right  "Administration - XOG" I can read from SOAP any Query(niku/wsdl/Query) or Object(niku/wsdl/Object)

Also, I can grant  global rights for specific objects such as "Project - XOG Access","Company - XOG Access","Portfolio - XOG Access", etc....

But, is it possible to grant instance XOG rights over an specific query? how?

thanks

• 2.  Re: XOG rights and queries (webservices)

Posted Apr 21, 2017 07:21 PM

Not that I know of but what I do it use a couple of the prUserText1-4 fields on the Resource Object to identify specific rights for a number of things.

So, in a given query, I use the sessionID it to find the user making the request and inner join to the resource table with a where field contains the authorization token.  If the user has the token they get results otherwise an empty set.

For example, I have portlet that show a given user a list of externally generated Excel reports based on a set of tokens that are save in prUserText4.

In the portlet, the tokens and sessionID are passed to an external web service that looks up the user and generates the user’s selected report and emails them to the user.

I pretty sure you could develop where clause for any give Query that would either return the desired results or an empty set base on a given token.

V/r,

Gene