Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How do I re-deploy JASPERSOFT into Tomcat again?

Posted May 10, 2017 01:59 PM

How do I re-deploy JASPERSOFT into Tomcat again? I see that reportservice folder is not there in webapps folder? Do I need to re-install or is there a way to just deploy it in TOMCAT?

• 2.  Re: How do I re-deploy JASPERSOFT into Tomcat again?

Posted May 10, 2017 02:54 PM

I think a reinstall would be the right way to go about it.. But lets see if someone else has a differing opinion..

• 3.  Re: How do I re-deploy JASPERSOFT into Tomcat again?

Posted May 10, 2017 05:29 PM

Could this be an option? This is for cluster but what if it's executed on same stand-alone server again for webapps deployment?

2) Cluster            : For Cluster based deployments
        a) Primary Node                          : For prompts, refer to Standalone installation.
        b) Additional Node (Web-app deploy only) : Deploys the web app only using Primary Node Database/Schema. For prompts, refer to Standalone installation.
        Important! When deploying an additional node, provide the database details for the Primary Node.

• 4.  Re: How do I re-deploy JASPERSOFT into Tomcat again?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2017 06:05 PM

Hi Dharmesh,

Yes, you can go ahead and do a Web-app deploy only. This is a possible way to reinstall Jaspersoft, whilst keeping the current JS database. 

I have tried this previously and had no issues.  We can then change the default_master.properties, update the files and update them in the Tomcat folder to 'standalone' if needed. I did not need that on my test environment. If this is for a non-Production environment you can definitely do this.

Alternatively install a new Jaspersoft with a new database, and once done, point it back to your existing database in the context file. The steps for this can be found here:

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241740469

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks -Nika