Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Gantt example in Jaspersoft

• 1.  Gantt example in Jaspersoft

Posted 09-02-2016 06:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to design a report that sows the gantt of all active projects running in CA PPM. Its a basic gantt only showing the project name, and it's duration with the start_date and finish_date.

But i'm having trouble finding some examples and documentation that can help me design it.

Is there any report in Jaspersoft, that i can check that has a gantt in it, there is alot of reports that comes with the add-ins but i cant seem to find any gantt.

Also is there any documentation and chart tutorials in general that can help me out?

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Gantt example in Jaspersoft

Posted 09-09-2016 03:31 AM

Hi Tiago,

the Jaspersoft Studio for pixel perfect reports can be found in the Palette under "Components Pro"-"Wigets Pro".

These widget are provided by the third-party FusionCharts library.

Unfortunately, there is no documentation available how the Jaspersoft wizard translates the configurations into what is understood by FusionCharts.

Moreover, in the version shipped with the Jaspersoft server uses Flash to render the gantt, which imo makes it useless as this technology is not reccomended. Also, exporting the Flash, e.g. to PDF will not work.

Please be aware that if you tell the server to render it in JavaScript, the Gantt will crash the browser.

In short:

You will have to build the Gantt with some other technology and integrate it to your report, e.g. via dashboard.

Regards

Georg

• 3.  Re: Gantt example in Jaspersoft

Posted 01-05-2017 09:55 AM

Sorry for the delay.

I'm having no problems running widget pro elements in my reports of ppm. You just need to enable the flash rendering on the properties file of jasperreports. This helped me Configuring JasperReports Library | Jaspersoft Community .

Thank you.