Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Mixed booking status is not showing up

Posted Apr 03, 2017 05:58 AM

HI All

i was randomly checking the results of over/under allocation portlet, where i found one project which is not having "Mixed" booking status when i go iniside the team tab and then properties.

Searched this in ca communities, but no luck. Also the booking status field is associated to static lookup which is having 3 values. Not sure why only this project is not showing that option. I am also checking through some documents.

if anyone come across this, can you please let me know what might be the solution.

thanks in advance.

Thanks

Daya

• 2.  Re: Mixed booking status is not showing up

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 08:37 AM

Hi Daya,

For a team member with this issue, check to see if their hard / soft allocation values are different. For Mixed Booking to show up for a team member, there would need to be both soft and hard allocation set that have differing values (Start/Finish Dates and/or % Allocation are different for Hard Allocation versus Soft Allocation). 

Regards,

Kristin Schroer

• 3.  Re: Mixed booking status is not showing up

Posted Apr 03, 2017 09:25 AM

HI Kristin

Thanks for your support. i am seeing mostly the soft start/end dates as 6/20/16 to 12/31/17. and for few i changed them to different value and made it as Hard.

After this i am not getting the option mixed. did i miss something?

Thanks

Daya

• 4.  Re: Mixed booking status is not showing up

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 07:06 PM

Hi dayananda.venkatesh,

Can you please share a screenshot of the Staff Member properties  page? 

As Kristin mentioned, if the soft and hard allocations are different, then the booking status should be mixed. 

In Admin - Project Management - Settings, you have an option to disable mixed booking but if that checkbox is enabled, then you will not be seeing Soft and Hard Allocation in the properties page. Only one of them will be seen. But since you mentioned that you are seeing mixed booking in other projects, then this checkbox should be in disabled mode because if you have a mixed booking in the system, the checkbox will be disabled.

Thanks,

Jerin

• 5.  Re: Mixed booking status is not showing up

Posted Apr 12, 2017 04:50 AM

HI Jerin

i am very sorry for late reply. i was busy with some of the priority stuff. Yes you are right. if the soft and hard allocation dates are different then we could see the mixed allocation option for any resource.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks

Daya

• 6.  Re: Mixed booking status is not showing up
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2017 07:12 PM

No worries Dayananda.. 

If you feel the question is answered, can you mark it as answered so fellow community members will benefit out of it when seeking for assistance.

Thanks,

Jerin