Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Hours posted even after removal of open for time entry.

Posted Apr 12, 2017 02:58 PM

Hi All,

I have a issue where "Open for Time entry" was removed for a resource on Team level on Project A which means he cannot enter for the up coming week right? But still when i see the resource Timesheet he has posted time for project A.

How this could be possible, Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks,

Santosh

• 2.  Re: Hours posted even after removal of open for time entry.

Posted Apr 12, 2017 03:17 PM

'Open for Time Entry' is evaluated only at the point the timesheet is populated, not at the point that it is posted.

Thus, if the resource populates their timesheet (not necessarily submitting it even), you then close the resource or task or project for time entry, the timesheet can still be submitted, approved and posted against the now closed details.

• 3.  Re: Hours posted even after removal of open for time entry.

Posted Apr 12, 2017 03:23 PM

Hi David,

Sorry for not explaining the issue completely, The user told me they have removed Open for time entry 2 months back , but the Timesheet of March end has hours posted on  Project A.

Usually if "open for time entry" is removed then we cannot that project in Timesheets right?

• 4.  Re: Hours posted even after removal of open for time entry.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2017 07:29 PM

Hi Jaya Satosh,

Yes, if OTE is removed then the project will not show up in the timesheet but as David mentioned, if you have populated the timesheet or saved/submitted the timesheet before the OTE was removed, the approval and posting will still happen. So I would check if the user is able to see the project in a non-populated timeperiod and if its not showing up, I would assume the previous timesheet was already submitted/saved/populated before the project was unchecked for time entry. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 5.  Re: Hours posted even after removal of open for time entry.

Posted Apr 13, 2017 05:16 AM

Yes, I agree with you. This might be the issue.

The user might have populated the timesheet before 'Open for Time Entry' was removed.

• 6.  Re: Hours posted even after removal of open for time entry.

Posted Apr 13, 2017 01:29 PM

Hi,
    When I have asked the user (A) who is facing the issue, he told they have removed open for time entry 2 months ago  , so User(A) wants to know the reason how the resource in his team has posted the Hours on the Project where they have removed Time entry. There is no audit enabled

• 7.  Re: Hours posted even after removal of open for time entry.

Posted Apr 13, 2017 04:46 PM

Not sure how many times we can say the same thing... but if the resource populated their timesheet for this week more than 2 months ago, then this is entirely possible.

• 8.  Re: Hours posted even after removal of open for time entry.

Posted Apr 13, 2017 04:51 PM

Ok, need to check if the user was able to see the future timesheets.

• 9.  Re: Hours posted even after removal of open for time entry.

Posted Apr 14, 2017 04:10 AM

If you have a loose rights model over resources, it's also possible that someone has re-opened your resource for time then closed it again. (i.e. resource manager, or even the resource themselves)

I've seen this a number of times, you might get lucky on the last updated by column. 

I have a project dashboard for time, which makes it quick to track the time & cost posted to your project.

We may share at some point as part of a bigger solution pack.