Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to submit language/translation errors

• 1.  How to submit language/translation errors

Posted Dec 20, 2017 05:32 AM

Is there any procedure to submit feedback related to translation (mistakes/improvements)?

I am used to see translation mistakes when I am not using English language, but I find quite difficult to send by individual support cases.

In fact for some very technical terms, i suppose it is quite difficult to be translate by linguists. So maybe it should be requested in a public space in order to create a discussion and receive the feedback from different users.

• 2.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2017 06:32 AM

Hi Daniel,

Is that in the documentation or in the product. 

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Posted Dec 20, 2017 10:23 AM

Hello Suman,

The error found recently is in the product.

But it is also interesting to know how to send feedback for documentation.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Posted Dec 20, 2017 11:41 AM

Regarding documentation one way to get to the right people is to post the details here and refer to some of the writers in it.

Meet the Writers - CA PPM - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

That only gives you the opportunity to get attention to the issue.

Regarding the product it has been much harder. I have no recent experience. Years ago the customer involvement in the development of the product was narrower. The best shot was to get to the right people before GA. After GA customer involvement is much less as the development stage is finished and you have to go through the business justifications does it work, what is the business impact and will correction bring new business.

The people who decide on there are the product management who also follow these discussions.

• 5.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2017 01:35 AM

Hi Daniel,

For the product defects you can log a support case and for the documentation you can comment on the documentation page itself and it will be rectified. 

• 6.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Posted Dec 20, 2017 07:36 PM

I have previously given several examples eg organisation in Clarity is incorrectly spelt organization, organiser is incorrectly spelt organizer etc.  Sadly, CA PPM doesn't support the English Language, just the modified US version of English .

There needs to be an easier way of modifying these types of issues, as other languages have different variations across the globe.

• 7.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Posted Dec 21, 2017 04:28 AM

I agree roland.parrotte; . There is a need of an easier way to notify problems/improvements than support cases.

Below you have a real example of a mistake, located at Audit trail (Spanish UI)

"Atribuir auditoria"  when it should be "Auditoría de atributo"

It seems an automatic translation from "Attribute" as verb.

Curiously Portuguese, a language with a very similar grammar, the translation is "Auditoria de atributo"  which is correct.

spa language error - audit trail

• 8.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Posted Dec 21, 2017 05:19 AM

The challenge is that the product is working as designed, that is the translation/wording is as the translator/author wrote it.

That is no bug.

What support does is establishes if the user has encountered a bug.

For a reference of getting text changed from not being in line with standard industry naming conventions see ideation:

How many votes does an enhancement idea need to get through?

How many ideas are there for enhancing alternative translations?

• 9.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Posted Dec 27, 2017 05:36 AM

Maybe we could consider a community powered translation? Zanata: Community powered translation 

A little more localisation would be appreciated too, i.e. British English 

• 10.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Posted Dec 27, 2017 08:48 AM

Hi Danpego

I completely understand your problem and also the concern you are having regarding multiple issues related to translations. I might have missed something but I just read one of your comments here where you pointed that some translations are not correct corresponding to that language, or may be you have a better suggestion which would be more user-friendly or easily understandable.

In such cases, you can atleast raise one support cases, talk to the support engineer and point the translations which can/should be changed. The CA engineer can talk it further and talk with the product management team and if those corrections can be done all at once then may be the engineer will not ask you to raise individual cases for individual translations. (Again, let me tell you it depends on the concern you are raising and the complexity to fix those issues). Hope that make some sense. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 11.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Posted Dec 28, 2017 04:45 AM

Hello Abhisek,

My example is not a suggestion for better translation but an error in translation.

I understand that a 2nd check from CA is required but from user perspective managing a case to send feedback is time consuming.

I am sure that many users/companies just correct wrong translations but they don't notify CA to fix the product.

With a more user friendly procedure maybe they would collaborate more.

• 12.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2017 07:06 AM

Hi Daniel,

I appreciate your concern and we do try to resolve customer queries as quick as possible. I will discuss with our management.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 13.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Posted Dec 27, 2017 08:52 AM

Hi Danpego

For pointing out product defects, I saw a point where you said that it would have better if we had a simpler process than raising a support case. At this moment, I would tell you that before raising a concern directly to development team regarding an issue with the product, it has to be reviewed by a second pair of eye to validate the scenario technically as well functionally. Raising a support case does that for you, with the help of Support Engineers. You might be very sure regarding the translation issues but there might be scenarios where you would not be that sure. So it will help there. Hope I was able to clarify. 

Take care!

Abhisek Dhar

• 14.  Re: How to submit language/translation mistakes

Posted Dec 30, 2017 02:10 PM

One of the challenges earlier was the that translators were given a list of words taken out context.

One of the consequences was that the first meaning in the dictionary sounded just fine.

Another problem at the time was that each English word in CA PPM had just one position for translation no matter how many different meanings the English word had and how many of them were used.

I have not heard of any major changes in this area
    Languages