Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to make CA PPM show expired activities

Posted May 23, 2017 07:19 PM

Hello All,

We are starting to manage projects using CA PPM and I am still trying to dicover de native portlets and features CA PPM offers. One difficult I am having is to show my users if a task is late or not.

If the project manager does not update the task with a finish date which is different from the baseline finish date PPM does not show it as delayed. In the image below we can see many tasks which have finish dates in the past (february or march), are not concluded (% complete = 0%) and are also not marked as late.

Of course I understand that my project managers should update the tasks with new finish dates, and then PPM would show the delay in its portlets, but sometimes they just don't do that! =/

Is there a portlet which can help me with this? Or any other tip you guys could offer...

Thank you all!

• 2.  Re: How to make CA PPM show expired activities

Posted May 24, 2017 12:41 AM

Project Manager Schedule Dashboard Portlet

Use this portlet to view projects at a high level with the option of expanding the WBS hierarchy to examine tasks and resource assignments. Default fields include start and finish dates, schedule percent complete, days late, and a Gantt schedule. You can filter by OBS or Project Manager.

Follow these steps:

1. Open Home and under Personal select General.
    2. Click the Project Dashboard tab on the Overview page.

Standard or Add-in: PMO
    Portlet ID: cop.projectManagerScheduleDashboard
    Category: Productivity
    Data Provider: Project Manager Schedule Dashboard
    Data Provider ID: cop.projectScheduleDashboard
    Data Provider Type: Query

NJ

• 3.  Re: How to make CA PPM show expired activities

Posted May 24, 2017 05:40 AM

One thing I would mention as you mentioned that the % complete is still showing as 0 though the finish dates of the tasks are in past. This depends on the "% Completion method" selected in the Project level. This attribute value will not decide whether a Project can be marked as late or not, unless the finish dates are changed from what you see in the baseline. 

• 4.  Re: How to make CA PPM show expired activities

Posted Jun 05, 2017 12:46 PM

Good catch. The "% Completion Method" has the following options "Effort" and "Manual". If you set to "Effort" you need to run the "Update % Complete" job. One thing to note, there is a difference between how MSP and CA PPM deal with milestones in regards to % complete that we discovered and brought forward to CA (Summary Task's % Complete not calculating based on Child Tasks that are Milestones ).

If you want further info on this, let me know.