CA Project & Portfolio Manager
September 8, 2017
CA Project & Portfolio Manager (PPM) Customers
The CA Technologies PPM Product Team
General Availability Announcement for CA PPM 15.3
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA PPM 15.3 is now available for On Premise and SaaS customers.
New features for CA PPM 15.3 include:
· Project Blueprints, which bring the power of configuration into the new UX. This enhanced approach allows you to configure custom project properties, modules and visuals based on a particular business unit's needs. It also provides drag-and-drop attribute selection and a visual screen designer to preview the layout of properties pages and tiles. Blueprints are intended to enable your organization or business unit to implement CA PPM in as simple or sophisticated a manner as needed and are expected to allow you to onboard new groups with a setup process measured in minutes instead of days.
· The first phase of our reinvented Financial Budgeting & Forecasting, which provides financial analysts simple spreadsheet-like tools to facilitate planning and forecasting projects – including comparison views between Planned/Actual/Forecast, the ability to drill to actual cost details, and the introduction of a true actuals-to-date + to-go forecast.
· Powerful team work and collaboration capabilities with the introduction of project task boards – a visual and team centric approach to work organization that helps teams stay on top of their project tasks, and significantly improves project manager oversight – for both complex and simple project plans.
· Configurable project links that offers a way to “mash up” all external assets, such as Microsoft SharePoint sites, Google Docs, or Dropbox, making them accessible from within the project itself. These shared “bookmarks” solve the extremely common problem of juggling many different assets – tracking spreadsheets, collaboration sites, wikis, etc. – in coordinating a project or program effort.
· Continued improvements to the new project management experience – improved project tile search and filtering options, task level conversations, phase and milestone to do’s, and links to the existing scheduling options (Gantt/OWB/MSP).
· Enhancements to Advanced Reporting powered by Jaspersoft, including the ability to synchronize Jaspersoft roles with CA PPM groups and the ability to execute Jaspersoft reports from within PPM, which allows you to leverage the CA PPM reports security model and improves reporting ease of use and performance.
· Flexibility for SaaS customers to consume the CA PPM data warehouse using your Business Intelligence tool of choice. You can build visualizations using any BI tool (such as Power BI or Tableau) that can use an OData feed as an input source. This also gives you the opportunity to build reports that combine PPM data with data from other applications.
· Updates to reinvented resource management: Additional search and filtering options, including the first multi-select OBS filtering component within CA PPM; the option to manage resource or role allocation percentage in the Staffing views; and the option to hide/show forecast rates.
· New options to enable the Modern Software Factory in your organization: Bi-directional flow of features from CA PPM to Agile Central; sync details from Agile Central on a per project basis using an object action; use the PPM embedded timesheet in Agile Central with SSO; use the Agile Central integration with a proxy server; and access Agile Central fields in Advanced Reporting.
· Other selected improvements, such as Korean language and FedRAMP support.
We encourage you to visit the CA PPM product information page at CA Support Online for more information. In addition, the full product documentation can be found at https://docops.ca.com.
If you are an On Premise customer, you can download your copy of CA PPM 15.3 from CA Support Online. If you are a SaaS customer, you can start the process of upgrading your CA PPM SaaS subscription to 15.3 by opening a support ticket requesting a non-production upgrade at https://support.ca.com/. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact CA Customer Care where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit http://www.ca.com/services. To connect, learn and share with other customers, join and participate in our CA PPM CA Community.
For a list of recommended courses by role, please visit the CA Learning Paths and select your desired product. Note: Courses are updated based on functional impact as well as high-demand; therefore, courses created from previous releases may also apply to current release.
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at https://support.ca.com/.
Thank you again for your business.
Connect with CA Technologies
ca.com | about us | contact us | news | events | careers | legal | privacy |
CA, One CA Plaza, Islandia, NY 11749 Copyright © 2017 CA. All rights reserved. All trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Awesome work, customers are going to love it
Thank you for sharing this great news with the community Katherine!
PPM 15.3 Release is now Generally Available
Great news..Thank you for sharing, Kathryn!
I am unable to see 15.3 documentation on docops. Just had a team member verify and he is unable to see it as well.
15.3 is the default page under documentation site. You can use this link and check CA PPM - CA PPM - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation
Thank you, Suman!
Auto-saved versions of this content were found:
On Sept 10 it is there
Thank you, urmas!
Will CA be putting out any kind of "promo" video like 15.2 had? That would help us share and champion the change with our end users. Most of us saw the demo and are excited, so we would like to get our customers excited too .. since so much has changed (for the good!) in 15.3, using 15.2 videos is insufficient. The video should highlight all the features, including the changes in reporting (which looked great in the demo).